6.10.2015

My Heart is Finally Home

Almost three years ago, God asked us to take a journey - to follow Him in a way we never had before. Our knees shook as we took those first steps forward, but He guided us to China, Lifeline Children's Services, and eventually to Tucker. Not long after we brought him home, we knew that we would someday go back to China again to bring another sweet one into our family. So, although we were home together, a piece of my heart remained in China. The feeling only became stronger when I felt pulled to a little boy a few months later. The desire and urgency to return grew stronger and stronger even when life at home was still complicated and in transition. 

When we learned this past summer that the little boy's file was being prepared and would come to our adoption agency, we prayed and had peace that it was time to return to China. For Ryan, this was happening a bit sooner than expected, but for me, I felt like I was back in the place where I belonged. As the months went by, we reached several milestones in the adoption process. Although difficult at the time, God ended up choosing the very best family for the little boy, and I have loved watching him thrive in the arms of his mom, dad, and precious siblings the past few months. The urgency to find the son God had been leading us to all along grew even stronger.

One month later, as my littles middles laid down for their naps, I received a phone call from our social worker about an adorable 1 year old boy with cleft lip and palate. Tyson's file arrived in my inbox soon after, and the rest is history! Four months later we traveled to China and met the little boy in the pictures and videos I had memorized. Holding my son in my arms for the first time was a moment I will never forget. Tyson was more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. 

As I looked out the window during our final flight home from Chicago to Indianapolis, I was captivated by what I saw. So many thoughts came to mind simultaneously. 

We had made it. We had finally made it home. God had gone before us, He had been with us, and His love was shining down on us as we flew within this beautiful creation. The beams of His radiant light reminded me of the one true home where I will live once I have fulfilled my purpose in this world. With the sun almost out of reach, I pondered how those in China were waking up to start a new day. In those moments, my heart released as it said goodbye. We had finished what we started. A sense of completion washed over me. My heart is finally home.


"From life's first cry to final breathe, 
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand.
Till He returns, or calls me home, 
here in the power of Christ, I'll stand." 

2 comments:

Amber said...

Beautiful, Amy! I have truly loved following along on your journey over the past month (saw your blog posted on NHBO). We are soon starting the process for a toddler boy after having two biological children and we plan to later return for our fourth, so I can really relate to your story.

patty rodgers said...

Beautiful post! We too are in the process of bringing our second darling home from China. I have enjoyed following along on your journey. We hope to travel in August. Praying for your family as you are adjusting at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS