3.18.2015

Liam's Big Love

Today I stopped by Earth Fare with Liam and Tucker to grab a quick bite to eat for lunch. Half way through the meal, I realized that we hadn't prayed before eating, so we stopped and folded our hands. I looked at Liam and said, "Do you want to pray first?" He nodded his head yes and said, "Dear Jesus, I wish Tyson was here all day. Amen." Tears welled up in my eyes, and I thanked him for saying such a sweet prayer.

I can't pretend to know exactly what God is doing in Liam's heart, but I do know this. Liam has BIG LOVE for each person in our family, including Tyson who is an ocean away. Liam feels every emotion with great intensity, and his love is no exception. When we first brought Tucker home, Liam really struggled to bond with him. He did not want to share his toys, his books, or his mommy with Tuck. Oftentimes, Liam would say, "Mommy, let's go play a game - just you and me." The transition was difficult, but with time, Liam found one of his very best friends in Tucker, who is just 8 days older than him. These twins play together all day every single day! If Liam chooses a toy car to play with, he picks out one for Tucker, too. Every time I pick the boys up from preschool, the second that Liam sees Tucker, he will immediately throw his arms around him and start kissing him on the cheeks. Tucker braces himself and screams through it (remember, I said Liam shows emotions with intensity), but they both laugh when I pry them apart. Every. Single. Time. I. Pick. Them. Up. 

Last week, Tucker was invited to Chick-Fil-A for a play date with a buddy from school. This sweet boy's mom was sharing with me that her son is very social, so she is always planning play dates. I remembered doing that all of the time when Noah was little, but I rarely schedule play dates now for my little guys. I thought about it for a few minutes and realized that I don't make play dates very often because Liam and Tucker have each other, and they play all day long. They are seriously the best of friends. I am so thankful for the love God grew in Liam's heart. 

When we first showed Noah, Liam, and Tucker their new brother's picture, they boys exclaimed, "Cool! Cool! Cool! Wow! Awesome!" Then, spontaneously, Liam said the sweetest thing. Watch below:



Liam: "I was a little tiny baby like that baby, and I was like...and I...and I was that baby."

Me: "What made you like that baby?"

Liam: "Jesus made me just like with my lip ripped a little." 

From the mouths of babes. Precious. I am very hopeful that Liam and Tyson will have a special bond to one another, and I look forward to seeing how they support one another in their shared medical need. I also love that Tucker and Tyson will have their shared Chinese heritage, and we will always celebrate their birth country. 

Ever since seeing Tyson and especially in the past few weeks, Liam clearly been thinking a lot about this brother across the world. The other morning, he woke up, and I hugged him. Liam looked at me and said, "Tyson's getting ready to go to bed, right?" I told him that yes, that was correct. We have mentioned that to the kids before - that Tyson sleeps while we are awake and vice versa, but to hear it come out of Liam's mouth first thing in the morning made me smile. 

We are all getting eager for Tyson to come home, and at the same time, I know these next couple of months are very precious. I wished away so much time while waiting for Tucker, and I promised myself I would never do that again. I am enjoying every single day with Ryan and the boys, and we are doing as much as possible before having a 1 year old in the house again. :)


In preparation for Tyson's arrival, we have officially moved Liam and Tucker into the same room. They are loving it! I also bought 3 large boxes of diapers. Oh my goodness, I had Liam and Tucker in one of those race car grocery carts with three boxes of diapers. If only my newly wed self could have seen the future me! People must think I am crazy, and we definitely are but wouldn't have it any other way. I cannot wait to see how Tyson joining our family impacts all of us. Sometimes I am afraid of the initial bonding and attachment that will need to take place because of our previous experience, but like everything, I know it will be temporary. Liam is a constant reminder to me how far we've come. Like Liam, we all have BIG love for Tyson, and yet I know that our love will grow deeper and stronger with time. Until then, we will keep praying him home to us. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS