9.06.2013

One Year Later...

So it just hit me.

Ryan and I just finished watching a fun movie, and when I checked Facebook, I saw some amazing news. A woman named Ashley, who is adopting two boys who will soon age out (meaning they will not be eligible for adoption much longer), just got LOA. Ashley is with our agency, and we have prayed for one another's LOA's for months. Today, while visiting her husband out of the country where I believe he is serving our country, she received the good news. They found out together that their long wait is over, and they now have permission to bring those boys home forever.

I cried. I cried for what must be the 10,000th time. Two boys, whose futures would have a 90% chance of ending in devastating circumstances, will be loved, cherished, and protected forever.

My friend, Kelli, waited 143 days with class, faith, and hope. She received LOA today!

Last Sunday, I posted a link to a family adopting two older girls...the Eakers. They have waited far too long, and they received LOA today!

My friend, Molly, who waited 131 days for LOA, and has encouraged me for the past four months...she received her Travel Approval today!

Rebecca, who is adopting to little ones, one of whom has a significant heart condition, also received her LOA today after a very, very long wait.

I have prayed for these women and their children by name, praying that God would sustain them. Praying that he would end their suffering and bring their children home. God revealed Himself in a mighty way today!!! I am overjoyed.

I shared earlier today that we are one week away from beginning our wait for travel approval. We are so very close. So you can imagine how much fun it was to sit in on our agency's travel meeting, learning all about what happens in the next several weeks. Then, to make the day even more exciting, I got to help welcome my friend, Stephanie, who just flew in from China with her husband and new son. As we hugged tonight, I just cried. She made it. Three years later from when she began her adoption journey, and she was home with her son. I've seen his pictures for months, and to see his precious face in person...it was unbelievable.

As I cried and praised God tonight for His amazing blessings today, it hit me. It was one year ago today that we submitted our application to Lifeline and started our journey.

One year. And everything has changed. I am grateful to have been called. I stand in awe at His miracles shown in the face of a beautiful baby girl named Lucy Haun. I am humbled by the love and support shown by family, friends, coworkers, and strangers. I have so many new sisters in Christ - Sara, Stephanie, Kelley, Jenn, Lauren, Laura, Whitney, Amy, Kelli, Carroll Lane, Karla, Kelly, Liberty, and Molly.

I knew when we made the decision to adopt, I would have a new child to love and adore forever. What I didn't know was that God would show me His face, walk beside me, carry me, hear my praise, love me through my anger, and hold me while I kicked and screamed for the wait to end, and He transformed my heart, my mind, and my life.

One year later, September 6, 2013, and I will never be the same.

1 comment:

Ashley Scott said...

Such a beautiful celebration! I am so grateful for you and the rest of this amazing group of women as we journey together...
love,
Ashley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS