8.29.2013

Status Update

I wrote my last post on August 16th, and I feel like so much has happened since that date. First things first...an update on our progress. We received our Letter of Acceptance on August 8th and submitted our applications for Tucker's immigration.

We received approval for Tuck's immigration a week ago on August 22nd. They sent the approval notices to our house, as well as to the National Visa Center. For whatever reason, we received our copy on Monday, August 26th, but the NVC didn't receive their copy until yesterday morning. I emailed and called the NVC a few times each day until they finally sent me our new case number. Previously, we had a "SIM" number, and after you get processed at the National Visa Center, you receive a "GUZ" number. So, I got that GUZ number yesterday, August 28th around 1:20 p.m. by email. I called the NVC last night at 6:30 to request it in PDF format, and the supervisor said they would send it to me. So I refreshed my email at least 40 times last time and stayed up until midnight waiting for it, but it never came. :( I woke up this morning and called again. I was told they were working on it right then. Ok great! By 1:20 today, it still hadn't been sent, so I called again. This time after they spoke to the supervisor, I was informed that I would find it in my inbox. Sure enough, it was!! HALLELUJAH!

I cried for what must be the 999th time in this adoption journey because again we were ONE STEP CLOSER. Our paperwork has been sent to China, and our Article 5 should be dropped off tonight at the US Embassy in China while we are sleeping (China's Friday). Pray that this actually happens! :) If it does indeed get dropped off, our Article 5 will be picked up from the Embassy two weeks later on September 13th. At that point, we will just be waiting for China to give us TRAVEL APPROVAL. After we receive TA, we schedule our consulate appointment, buy airline tickets, and fly to China whenever it's time to leave!

07/19/12 - Felt calling to adopt a child with CL/CP
08/04/12 - Made the decision to adopt
09/06/12 - Submitted application to Lifeline Children Services
09/24/12 - Submitted application to a MLJ for Home Study
11/02/12 - Submitted binder to MLJ with Home Study requirements
12/18/12 - Finalized Home Study Report completed
12/20/12 - USCIS received our Immigration application
12/31/12 - Fingerprint appointment date and time received
01/23/13 - 10:45 a.m. Call from Lifeline - saw our son!!!
01/23/13 - 11:00 a.m. Fingerprint appointment at USCIS
02/11/13 - I-797 Approval - Allows us to bring a child into the US
02/21/13 - State Authentications
03/01/13 - Chinese Consulate Authentication
03/01/13 - Letter of Intent (LOI) - not processed until after LID
03/04/13 - Dossier to China (DTC)
03/20/13 - Log In Date (LID)
03/29/13 - Pre-Approval (PA)
06/28/13 - Out of Translation (OOT)
07/24/13 - Dossier Reviewed
08/08/13 - Letter of Acceptance (LOA)
08/22/13 - I-800 Approval (Immigration Application for our son)
08/29/13 - National Visa Center - GUZ # PDF
08/30/13 - Article 5 Drop Off (hopefully)
09/13/13 - Article 5 Pick Up (hopefully)
                - Travel Approval (TA)
               - Depart
               - Meet Our Son!!!
               - Consulate Appointment
               - Home!!!

The reason I feel some urgency is that China is on a National Holiday the third week of September and the first week of October. The sooner we get our stuff over there, the more chance we have to get processed prior to these holidays. I know God already has determined when we will go, and I just need to be patient until He lets us leave. I just need to know that I did everything in my power to move things along. I've learned how much even one day can mean in this process!

I started making our packing list yesterday, and I think we will start collecting the majority of our items this weekend with the exception of clothing and toiletries. I seriously thought we would never reach this part of the process. I thought we would be stuck waiting for LOA until March. Still rejoicing that The Lord brought us through that time, and we really have seen the rewards in waiting so long, even though it was the most difficult time in my adult life.

Thank you for your prayers and for continuing to cheer us on until Tuck is in our arms!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS