6.04.2013

Day 67

Today is Day 67 of our LOA wait. Friends, this road is not for the faint of heart! To think back and remember that we first saw Tucker on January 23rd and didn't get our Log In Date (LID) until March 20th and PreApproval (PA) until March 29th, boy was that a very quiet, very long two month wait. Here we are again, and two more months have passed since our PreApproval. They have been also been very, very long and very, very quiet.

In the past month especially, I have felt God stretching me, growing me, and transforming me. I have been so hungry for His Word, and reading the Bible has been one of the only things to quench my thirst. I have never really been one to meditate on Scripture or memorize verses, but a friend posted one of Facebook a few weeks ago, and I have been clinging to it since.

"And in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28.

I say it over and over and over again. If I know anything to be true, I know that God is the one who led us down this path. He is the one who spoke to my heart and called me to do something I was scared, even terrified, to do. Once the decision was made, there was such peace...utter peace that God had orchestrated everything for this very journey of our lives.

He called us to His purpose.

We love Him.

He is working for our good.

In ALL things.

If I believe that the Bible is God's word, His guidelines for our lives, then I believe this verse with 100% certainty. Even though I don't always like the wait, the bureaucracy, the lack of accountability for governing bodies to complete various steps in a timely manner, I believe that God is allowing this to happen. God is working for our good...for Tucker's good. Whenever I feel the fear and doubt creep in, I start repeating this verse, and those worries melt away.

Today I got an email from our agency with the following information:
THE U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL IN GUANGZHOU IS MOVING!

The U.S. Consulate General will soon move to new premises currently nearing completion in the Zhujiang New Town area of Guangzhou. This spacious and modern facility will house all of our operations, including consular services for visa applicants and for U.S. citizens. We currently expect to suspend operations on July 15 and to resume consular services by appointment on July 24.
  
This is not the information you want to hear after just experiencing a 2 week delay in processing due to the implementation of a new computer system. To know that 2-3 weeks will also be lost due to the Consulate closing, it is definitely disappointing. That is at least a month lost due to shut down in both governing bodies. It's another month that my son and my friends' children sit in foster homes and orphanages...another month they cannot be with families who love them already. These are delays in addition to the regular national holidays that cause shutdowns.
 
This road feels long, and unfortunately few things are predictable. The only truth is this: "And in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." So I cling to that and trust in that every single day. That is how I continue to move forward, enjoying this blessed life I live with a wonderful husband, two healthy children at home, a beautiful home, a job I love, the best friends and family in the world, and an entire summer break to enjoy all of these things. Thank you for your prayers for our family!
 
Flowers from a beautiful friend walking beside us through this journey
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS