5.07.2013

Happy Birthday, Liam!

My Cute Little Bert Bert,
Oh buddy, you are something else! You pulled quite stunt on us the past two years. You see, when you were a baby, you were such an easy, laid back little guy. You would just go with the flow - probably because you were second born and had no other choice - and you had the happiest personality. The minute you started smiling, you didn't stop (except for those 2-3 months after your surgery)!
Lemongrass Photography

So, you can imagine my surprise the past several months when you began to show us a new side to your personality. I think you worried that unless you did something BIG, we might not give you the attention you desired. As you began scaling everything in sight and climbing as high as possible, you surely got our attention!! Oh Liam, you are your momma's mini-me in so many ways. If only you could have seen the trees I climbed when I was a kid. You truly have no fear, so you scare the death out of me your daddy regularly. Your big brother was always so talkative, and I thought maybe you would be the quiet one. Oh my, how wrong I was! Once you started talking, you just didn't stop. I think you were saying 8 word sentences back in October. Again, you are your mommy through and through. But, as you will come to realize someday, you look JUST like your daddy. I mean, if Daddy had blue eyes and blond hair, you could be twins. I used to joke that when I held you as a baby, I felt like I was holding your daddy in the form of a baby. Isn't it funny how God took pieces of me and pieces of your daddy and put together this completely lovable, silly, adorable little boy?



Liam, you are FUNNY! Seriously, you make us laugh. Sometimes Oftentimes, when you are naughty, just when I go to correct you, somehow you make me laugh. It's terrible! I never did that when Noah was your age. I know it only encourages you, but truly, you are funny, and sometimes you make it hard to get upset with you. You do the craziest things sometimes, and honestly, you scare the heck out of us. You like to entertain people too much, and you like to have fun too much. Sounds a bit like your daddy in college! :)

On a more serious  note, though, Liam you are always the first one to initiate praying at meal time. No matter where we are - in our house or out to eat - you are ready with your hands folded, belting out the prayer. We pray together every night before bed, and you pray right along with me. We go through our closest friends, your aunts and uncles, your cousins, your grandparents, Noah, Daddy, Kya, and me.

You know what else I love about you? You do everything with so much passion. You climb with passion. You cry with passion (seriously, crocodile tears every single time!). You laugh with passion - the deep belly laugh kind of laughing! You throw fits with a passion. Seriously, buddy, 25% of the time you don't want to sit in your carseat (cue crocodile tears). What's up with that?? You also love with a passion. You give hugs and kisses like it's nobody's business. You love your brother and play with him like best friends. Nothing warms my heart more.



Last night, Daddy and I hung streamers outside your bedroom door. Then this morning, Noah, Daddy, and I walked into your room with a video camera and a regular camera singing, "Happy Birthday" to you! You loved every second of it and were so excited to run through the streamers.




We coerced you downstairs for your special birthday breakfast - a chocolate donut complete with candle! You blew out your first candle this morning, and thankfully we got the video. Then you opened up your gifts...a new kickball and some puppets! Your favorite is when we make them sneeze.


Today, you said the sweetest thing. I was surprising you with a trip to the Children's Museum (Thanks, Dalia!), and when I said, "Liam, do you want to go to the Children's Museum," you said, "No." I said, "Then where do you want to go?" You said, "I go China, Mommy." Me, too, buddy! Me too! :) We had the best time today with Dalia, Nate, and Noah at the museum. You played hard, buddy! You played so hard that you slept from 2:30 to 6:00 p.m. today. Now that is what I call a nap! After eating dinner, we gave you the second half of your donut, and this time I got pictures!


Liam, I can't express to you how much I love you. You'll never understand until you are a daddy yourself someday. The love of a mother is one that would lay her life down without any hesitation, as long as it meant saving yours. The love I feel for you is the same love Jesus felt for us, and I am so thankful that God blessed me so that I could experience what this kind of love feels like. You have brought more joy to my life than I ever could have imagined, and you are helping me become a better person each day. I know we have been calling you Bert now for nearly two years, and the name has definitely stuck. Hope you like it, and if not, you can blame it on your dad! :) Liam, I love how God took a tiny, simple smile through you and changed our lives. Before you were born, we were on a certain path. Then, you came into this world, and God rocked us to the core! Last night, we helped fund #13 and #14 Cleft Lip/Clept Palate surgeries for children...this time from China through Love Without Boundaries. We are well on our way to funding 100 smiles, and it is all because of your life. You cannot fully understand this yet, but you have a brother named Tucker, and he lives all the way on the other side of the world. You've seen his room ("Tucka room").  You've seen his picture ("China Baby" or "Tucka Baby). What you don't know is that he is your brother because of you! God worked through your life to change my life. How incredible is that? You have made such an impact in just 2 years, and I cannot wait to see what God does through you next. I love you so much!


Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS