5.15.2013

Happy 5th Birthday Noah

The big 5 years old today
Happy birthday, Noah!!
I cannot...for the life of me...figure out how you are already FIVE years old. Seriously, just yesterday you were a newborn lying next to me while I was writing about your birth story, and today you woke up as a 5 year old kid. I really thought I would cry this year on your birthday. I've never cried before because each year I get so excited for you to experience new things, but you are no longer a baby...not a toddler...not a little guy. You are a boy through and through, and you are heading to kindergarten next year. I thought that would make me cry.

Turns out...once again, I am excited for you, buddy. So excited about what lies ahead, and so happy with the boy you have become these past 5 years. If someone asked me what I love the most about you, I would easily say that I love your heart. You are truly one of the most compassionate little kids I have ever known in my entire life. You care SO much about everyone. You worry when people get hurt and immediately check to make sure they are ok. Liam falls fairly often, so you are constantly having to ask him if he is ok! :) It's given you great practice. You are an AWESOME big brother! Seriously, you are so kind to Liam and oftentimes will ask Liam what he wants to do before just telling him to do what you want to do. Pretty good for a 5 year old, buddy! I love how rule-bound you are, as it has made it so much easier to parent you! I can give you a rule, and you might ask why, but once you understand, you follow the rules pretty well.

Noah, I have always been pretty strict about not getting physical with other kids, even Liam. We just don't tolerate hitting, kicking, pushing, etc. Sometimes I worry that as you get older, you won't be "tough" enough, as the world believes that boys should be strong and tough. However, I keep reminding myself that we aren't living our lives according to the rules of this world. We are trying to live our lives the way Jesus taught us to live - to love others unconditionally, to forgive others when they hurt us because He forgives us for our mistakes, and to help people when they need it. I love how much you love to read your Bible each day. You know the stories so well, and you are learning so much from them. I love that special time with you! Recently, you played with someone who wasn't very kind to you, and on the way home, I talked with you about what a friend is. I told you about how friends are people who treat you kindly, and when other kids are not kind to you, you have to love them and forgive them but that you don't have to play with them. You know what you said? You said, "Mommy, can we just pray for them to be nicer?" That's the heart I'm talking about. I love your heart.

I am so looking forward to having another summer at home with you this year. It will be your last summer before you go off to kindergarten, and I hope it is a special one! I can only imagine the fun we will have as a family and with the friends and family we love. Hopefully, by the end of summer, Tucker will be home with us. I know it will be really hard to have Daddy and I gone for so long in China, but I also know you are going to have a great time with Grandma and everyone else you will get to see. It will be a new experience having two brothers for sure! I am confident of this, though. God chose you specifically to be the oldest brother of our family. He knew you would lead your little brothers to great things. My hope is that they follow your lead and learn so many new things from you.

I love you, Noah, my sweet blond haired, blue eyed boy. You can keep growing and turn 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10. It doesn't matter because you will always be my baby no matter how big you get. I love you forever, and I pray that God can continue to guide your daddy and I to help you become a man with great character and a heart that loves Jesus.

Love you!
Amy

Skylander Cake Pops by Stephanie Stucky for Noah's Preschool Celebration

Noah and Daddy at Circle Time

Enjoying an "Eye Brawl" Cake Pop

Playing with the Parachute Outside at Preschool


Noah pretending to sleep so I could sing Happy Birthday to him this morning

Noah enjoying his birthday ribbons

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS