8.27.2012

Noah's 1st Day of Preschool


Four years and 3 months after the day he was born, Noah Ryan began his first day of preschool. I can't believe he is old enough to be away all day long, learning new things and making new friends. Ever since I toured the preschool last Fall, I just knew it was going to be a wonderful place for him to make the transition from toddler-hood to kindergarten. After getting ready and snapping a new "First Day of School" pictures, off we drove to preschool.


While we were in the car, we all prayed together. We prayed that God would help Noah feel excited and happy at school that day, that he would make a new friend, and that He would help Noah stay safe while away from us. Noah prayed afterward, saying his usual prayer: "Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Thank you for my mom and dad and helping me in the dark. Please be with Liam. Amen."

We drove up and I felt my own first day of school jitters - that perfet mixture of anxiety and excitement. After we walked into his class and signed him in, Noah sat down to have breakfast. He chose Kix cereal (my favorite as a kid), pouring the milk and cereal himself. I love how much they focus on helping kids become more independent. I kissed him goodbye and walked to the door, watching him stare at his peers like a deer in headlights. It was the first time in a very long time where I felt him take a very large step into his future. I know he's only 4, but he feels so much older
to me already. So excited for all the adventures that lie ahead this year! We even got his first field trip permission slip - a ride on the school bus around the property. How cute is that? :)


Love my guys.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS