7.22.2011

A Few of My Favorite Things...to Eat

So I recently wrote about how much easier my life has become since adopting a new way of meal planning. It continues to work really well for our family, and I am trying lots of new recipes, as well as making some of my old favorites. I know in the past we have quickly gotten into a rut with our meals, and since some of you might be feeling the same way, I wanted to post some of my favorite recipes - both old and new.

Dalia's Pot Roast
1 packet Lipton Onion Soup
1 cup A1 sauce
3 lb. Chuck Roast
Baby Carrots
Potatoes
Olive Oil
1/8 cup water
pepper

1. Add olive oil to a large pan and heat on medium high. Sear both sides of roast in pan and remove.
2. Add water to the bottom of a crock pot
3. Add chuck roast to crock pot. Place onion soup mix to the top of the roast, as well as A1 and some pepper.
4. Cook in crock pot for 3 hours. Add veggies (we left out onion, but feel free to use it!), and cook for an additional 3 hours.

This is easily my favorite pot roast ever! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Gloria's Sloppy Joes
1 lb. Hamburger
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 tsp celery salt
2 heapting Tablespoons of brown sugar (we even use a little more than that)
1/3-1/2 bottle of ketchup
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 tsp prepared mustard
salt and pepper

1. Brown hamburger, onion, and celery salt
2. Drain off excess fat
3. Reduce heat to simmer
4. Add brown sugar, ketchup, mustard, worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir.
5. Simmer together, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.

This is a great recipe to make in bulk and freeze in portions for future use!

Sausage and Egg Casserole (a great addition to breakfast for dinner night!)
1 lb. ground pork sausage
6 eggs
2 cups milk (I used 2%)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground mustard
6 slices white bread
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used mild)

1. In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, salt and mustard. Stir in bread cubes, cheese and sausage. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.

I LOVE this recipe!! I have been eating leftovers everyday for breakfast. I found it very convenient for making breakfast burritos when on the run, too.

Honey Barbequed Spare Ribs

3 lbs. pork spare ribs
3 T lemon juice
2 T honey
2 T vegetable oil
1 T soy sauce
1 T minced onion
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp garlic powder

1. Cut spare ribs into serving-size pieces. Place ribs, bone side down, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and roast at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Drain. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl; brush some of glaze on ribs. Roast, uncovered, 30-45 minutes longer or until meat is tender, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze.

What I really liked about these ribs is that they were heavily doused with BBQ sauce. I do like BBQ ribs, but these had more of a light, Asian flavor due to the soy sauce, honey, and lemon. They were DELICIOUS!

Chicken Tetrazinni
2 cups spaghetti, cooked and drained
2 cups diced chicken, cooked
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup red pepper
1/4 cup yellow pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated

Saute onions and peppers in oil
Arrange all ingrediants in a baking dish
Bake on 350 for 20-30 minutes

This is one of my all-time favorite pasta dishes! It's colorful, cheesy, and full of flavor!

Feel free to share any of your favorite recipes in the comments. I am always wanting to try new things!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS