3.22.2011

Crown Moulding

We've lived in our house for almost 5 years, and while we've painted, decorated, and made ourselves nice and cozy here, I have been dying to put up crown moulding. We don't live in a custom home, and I've always felt that this simple addition could really add some character and finishing quality to our house. We worked with a guy named Cory Fredricks, who had done a lot of work for family members. They were really pleased with the work he did, so we started there. He quickly gave us an estimate, which is coincidentally the number I had in my head when looking into this project. We went to Lowe's, Home Depot, and Menards to price out crown moulding. I was so glad to see that there was really only one design option for the size/type of moulding we needed (primed pine). What was amazing was the price difference! At Lowe's and Menards, it cost $15 for a 12 foot board, and we needed 275 feet of crown moulding. At Home Depot, they had ProPacks, which were packs of five 12 foot boards, for only $42. This brought the price of crown moulding down from $345 to only $210 (5 ProPacks = 300 ft. crown moulding). Not bad at all, right? I am telling you the price because I really thought this was going to be an expensive upgrade, but after finishing our project, I have realized that it is totally affordable. Now you can go bug your spouse into letting you do it, too! Here are our before pictures:


After pictures...drum roll please!

This is one of my favorite parts - the crown moulding on the columns - completed changed the look!

What do you think?? Let me know you want Cory's contact information. He does all sorts of projects, and I highly recommend him!

3 comments:

eme621 said...

It looks great, Amy! Brad is doing this in our house. He's already done some chair rail in our dining room. I can't wait. It's such a quick, easy, inexpensive fix with maximum impact. Way to go!

Kelli said...

Looks beautiful! I'm so happy for you!

Traci said...

Looks wonderful!Traci

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS