3.15.2011

33 Weeks!

Yesterday we hit the 33 week mark! Time seemed to just creep by until we hit 30 weeks. Now the clock is ticking away, and I can feel the birth of this baby getting closer and closer! I was a bit concerned that this little guy was not going to turn head down, mostly because he seemed to have his head in my ribs for much longer than Noah did. However, the day we hit the 31 week mark, this little bambino was moving around like ever before! I had Ryan put his hand on my belly, and we both were amazed at the way he was pushing and moving all over the place. Then, suddenly, we both felt a big BLURP!!! It was totally creepy the way I could feel him flip over inside me (I never felt Noah turn head down) - at least that was my guess at the time. I even said to Ryan, "If that wasn't him flipping over head down, I have no idea what that was." Everything felt different inside. I could actually breathe again! We went to see Dr. Soper the next morning for our routine check up, and she confirmed that he was head down. Now let's just hope he stays that way! At that appointment, I had only gained a half of a pound since my appointment 3 weeks prior, so I was excited about that! I will go back next Tuesday, so we will see what the scale says. We don't keep one in the house because I don't want to obsess about my weight, so it's always a surprise to see how things are measuring up when we go to the doctor's office.

Overall, I am feeling really well still! I have moments of discomfort - mostly between 8:00 and 10:30 p.m. I am sleeping really well, sometimes all the way through the night without waking up. I'm going to just enjoy that while it lasts. Sometimes I worry how I'll cope with having to wake up for middle of the night feedings and then have to take care of a toddler in the morning, too. In the end, though, I know millions of other women have done this for years and years and years. I'll be able to do it, too! Thank goodness I don't have to return to work until next school year. That will hopefully give me plenty of time to adjust (approximately 4 months) before I return to work. I count my blessings everyday for the way things have turned out. :)

We had a meeting with Julie Pichon, our doula, last Tuesday night. I was hoping that it would help get my mind refocused on birth and start me in my mental preparation for what will hopefully be another natural birth. After having several conversations throughout the evening, I truly feel like I turned a corner, mentally, and am beginning to prepare more for this baby's birth day. Julie gave me a book called Your Best Birth to help me prepare, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I have The Business of Being Born on my Netflix Instant Queue, which will compliment the book perfectly, and I can't wait to watch it. So many people have a hard time understanding why I would ever want to have a natural birth, but after reading many books it was difficult to imagine doing it any other way. I am so hopeful that everything will go well for this birth! I rewrote our birth preferences, which are pretty much the same with one addition. Now that I am having my second child, as long as everything is going well, I would like to deliver in the water, too. My labor progressed so much more quickly after getting in the huge labor tub last time! In my perfect scenario, I will be a good 5 cm when I get to the hospital. I'll jump straight into the tub and deliver in the water. I asked Ryan if he would want to get in with me for that part, and although I know it's not his first preference, he did say that if it meant that much to me, he would do it. :) I guess we will see what happens! Wouldn't that be a fun blog post to read?!

This Saturday my friend, Jessica, from Lemongrass Photography is taking maternity pictures of us. She has taken some great pictures for us in the past, and I can't wait to see how these turn out - glorious belly and all. I will make sure to post some in the next few weeks.

Nothing else is really new. I have two weeks left of work - then a week off for Spring Break - and then two more weeks of work. Then I am full term. People keep laughing, but I have a feeling this little guy is going to make his appearance sometime between April 16-23rd. Last time I guessed May 16th with Noah, and I was only 45 minutes off (11:15 p.m. on May 15th). Time will tell! I'm trying to get things finished up at work so that when I leave, I don't have any worries about the rest of the school year.

As each day passes, I get more and more excited to see our second son's little face. He is moving and stretching as we speak. I will miss these movements for sure, especially when we have no idea if more children are in our future or if this is it for us. Again, time will tell! In closing, enjoy these pictures of me at 32 and 33 weeks!


1 comment:

Leah said...

You look adorable! We are excited for you, Ryan and Noah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS