4.05.2010

What to Write About First...


After taking a nice break from blogging, my mind is reeling with what to write about first. One of the funnier things that happened recently was Noah going "pee pee on the potty" for the first time! That's one of those phrases that you swear you'll never say before you have kids, and then sure enough, when your child is about 18 months to 2 years old, you say it on a daily basis. Oh well - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

So for the past few months, if Noah is getting ready for a nap but hasn't pooped yet, I'll ask him "Where are your poops, Noah?" (Yes, I said another one). He'll point to his belly, and then I'll say, "Ok, then push out your poop" (AHH! Another one!). Within about 3-5 minutes, Noah will go, and I'll change his diaper. If I don't draw his attention to it, he will wake up early from his nap with a dirty diaper, and I won't get my much-needed mommy time while he sleeps. It's really a win-win situation!

I decided that since he can basically poop on command in a diaper, why not try it in a toilet? On Saturday he hadn't gone to the bathroom before his nap, so I said, "Let's try to go pee-pee on the potty!" He got all excited - we always try before baths - and we went racing upstairs. I sat him on the toilet, and said, "Ok, Noah, push out your poops." He flexed his stomach muscles like usual, but this time, he started peeing!!! I was so excited that I started exclaiming, "You did it, Noah! You went pee-pee!!" He was so surprised that he stopped peeing, looked at me, looked back down, and then started peeing again. SUCCESS!!! I was screaming, "You did it, Noah! You did it! You went pee-pee!!!" His cheeks turned pink while he smiled ear to ear. As I turned around to grab some toilet paper, he stuck his finger in the toilet. CRAP. "No, no, Noah. That's yucky and dirty. We don't stick our fingers in the water." I dried off his finger and again told him that it was gross (his new favorite word), and before I could stop him, sure enough, he stuck his finger in his mouth for a quick taste. OOPS! Oh well, it was still an 85% success...right?

2 comments:

Leah said...

Story of the year! Nice work Mama!

Allison Janoski said...

I cannot believe Noah can poop on command. I have never heard of that... who knew?? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS