In a lot of ways, meeting Dalia was like...well...meeting myself. :) Conversation always comes so easily, and she loves Noah, which makes it even more fun to spend time with her. It's like my cousin's wife, Angie, said to me one day, "The key to my heart is someone loving my kids" - or something like that. I'm paraphrasing here. The point is, Dalia is so sweet to Noah, and he absolutely loves her, too. Dalia is also married to a really great guy, Kevin. Getting together with Kevin and Dalia is like spending time with old friends. It's awesome!
Even more exciting is that Dalia and Kevin are expecting a little baby girl, and she's due to make her arrival sometime in May. Like I said before, some friends and I threw Dalia a shower and had a great time! The food was delicious - chicken salad croissants, chips and queso, sweet and sour meatballs, pinwheels, fresh fruit (with mango, of course!), cupcakes, and lots of chocolate candy. I also made Oreo Balls, decorated with brown and pink candy coating to match her nursery. You can see some pictures below of the Oreo Balls sitting on white plates, and the receipe is also included below.
1 bag Brown Candy Melts (found at JoAnn Fabrics in baking isle)
1. Place Oreos one row at a time into your food processor and chop until they turn into powder
2. Put Oreos and softened cream cheese into a large bowl blend together (your bare hands work best)
3. Roll Oreo mixture into 1 inch balls and place in a shallow glass dish without letting them touch - flash freeze for 15-30 minutes
4. Melt brown candy melts according to package directions
5. Fill Reese Cups 3/4 full with melted brown candy melts
6. Place frozen Oreo ball into Reese cups immediately before candy melts harden
7. Once the tray is completely full with Oreo balls on top of candy melts, place in the freezer for 15-30 minutes
8. Repeat steps 5-7 until all Oreo balls are inside Reese cups and are frozen
9. Take tray out and melt colored candy melts in a bowl
10. Dip Oreo-with-Reese cup into the colored candy melt until completely covered
11. Turn right-side-up and add M&Ms on top (with the logo hidden) and add sprinkles
12. Repeat until all are decorated