4.12.2010

Noah's First Teppanyaki Experience

A couple weekends ago, my dad and Danette joined us to celebrate Easter. For their first night in town, my dad suggested that we go to a local Teppanyaki restaurant called House of Tokyo. When I was growing up, one of my favorite places to eat was called Takaoka in Fort Wayne. I was excited to see Noah's expression while our chef did tricks with the eggs, shrimp tails, and onions and cut each piece of meat with a special flare.


Noah post-flame

Not taking his eyes off the chef

As soon as the chef arrived at our table, he put some type of liquid - oil maybe - across the grill and lit a HUGE flame. Seriously, it was HUGE!!! Noah would've jumped 12 feet in the air had he not been strapped into his high chair. For the rest of the dinner, he clung to Ryan as if his life depended on it. Not the reaction I was hoping for.


"I don't know about this, guys."
Thank goodness my dad ordered pineapple for dessert because it was our only bargaining chip to get Noah to eat any chicken for his dinner. The rest of the dinner went like this: "Noah, first chicken - then pineapple." Noah eats chicken. Noah eats pineapple. Noah shakes his head 'no' when we put more chicken in front of his mouth. I say, "Noah, first chicken - then pineapple." Noah eats chicken. Noah eats pineapple. REPEAT 15 times. Seriously, the things we do to get our kids to eat protein. What can I say? I was the same way. It was bread, cheese, noodles, and butter for me. At least Noah loves vegetables and fruit!


As if the pineapple wasn't exciting enough, House of Tokyo has a little bridge with fish swimming below. Noah has a slight obsession with "shishies" (i.e., fishies), though it isn't quite as strong as the one he has with "mouse." He ran up and down that bridge, looking at the fish swimming all over the place. It was a great way to start the weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS