2.01.2010

"Ta-tar! Ta-tar! Ta-tar!"

I can't tell you how many times a day I hear Noah say, "ta-tar!" everyday. Because Ryan plays the guitar in our church band, Noah has seen Ryan play since practically the day he was born. Noah even got his own guitar this year for Christmas - a little four string ukulele - and he carries it around with him all of the time! Last Friday night, Ryan and I decided to take Noah to my school's Family Fun Night where they were having food, carnival games, prizes, and a silent auction. Ryan played a game that my friend, Laurie, was hosting and won Noah a blow-up guitar. This sucker is huge, and Noah holds it perfectly, playing it while making sound effects. It is hilarious!


When I get the mail and bring in a new guitar magazine, it's hard to tell who is more excited - Noah or Ryan! They like to lay down together and look at all the "ta-tars," pointing to their favorites.


I don't know why, but seeing Noah laying flat on his belly like this cracks me up!


I'm always wondering where Noah's interests will fall. Will he be into music, play the drums, play the guitar, or sing in a band? Or would he rather play sports - football, basketball, soccer, track, cross country, golf, swimming, and/or diving? Will he like performing arts and join theatre? Will he be a leader? Will he help other kids? What kind of friend will he be? What will his teachers say about him when we got to parent/teacher conferences? Will he be a good brother someday? How will our relationship change throughout the years? I have so many questions, and I'm not in any hurry to have answers to any of them. All I know is that my heart melts when I see my two boys having fun together while looking at their "ta-tar" magazines! I love the way Noah gets excited when he notices that his pajamas or t-shirt have guitarts on them. This little facination is adorable, and I'm going to enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right - it is ADORABLE to see Noah laying on his stomach like that - especially with his Dad looking at the magazine of guitars! Love you, Danette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS