2.20.2010

Egg in the Hole

This past weekend I tried another recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cookbook. I know, I know! This is like the tenth post I've written about her, but what can I say? She's a genious! I could get lost reading her blog. Here is the recipe I made:

Egg in the Hole

1 slice of bread
1 egg
2 tablespoons of butter
salt
pepper

1. Cut a hole into a slice of bread using a cookie cutter, the rim of a glass, etc.


2. Warm pan to medium, placing 1 tablespoon of butter in pan until melted
3. Place bread into the pan with melted butter, letting it soak for a couple minutes


4. Crack your egg and pour it into the hole of the bread - add salt and pepper
5. Let it cook until firm


6. Let the other side cook until the yolk is cooked to your desired firmness. Add salt & pepper.


You will find yourself eating a restaurant quality breakfast that has crispy, buttery goodness! Serve with fresh fruit and a tall glass of orange juice. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Love it!!!! And love your recipe posts! Keep'em coming!

fitzybelly said...

When do you add the second tablespoon of butter?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS