2.16.2010

Chicken Enchiladas


I have been CRAVING chicken enchiladas for weeks and finally decided to check out one of my favorite websites, All Recipes, to find out how to make some delicious enchiladas. There were several different options that received high ratings, and unfortunately I was missing a key ingrediant for most of them: sour cream. So, after reading about 10 different recipes, I decided to create my own chicken enchilada, and they were FANTASTIC! Here is the recipe I used:

Amy's Chicken Enchiladas

6 - 10 inch flour tortillas
2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can Rotel with green chilies
1 small onion, diced
1 serving of Minute Rice, cooked
Cheese - I used sharp cheddar and a Mexican blend

1. Saute an onion in some olive oil until translucent - add Rotel tomatoes & chilies
2. After a few minutes, add cooked chicken to onion, tomato, and chili mixture
3. Spray 9x13 dish with cooking spray
4. Put some cream of chicken soup across the bottom of a 9x13 dish - just enough to lightly cover
5. Mix together the rest of the cream of chicken soup and enchilada sauce in a small bowl
6. Add 2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce mixture to the chicken mixture
7. Put heaping spoonfuls of the chicken mixture into the center of a flour tortilla
8. Add two heaping spoonfuls of rice on top of chicken mixture
9. Add LOTS of cheese to the enchilada
10. Roll up tortilla and place it in the baking dish
11. Repeat steps 7-10 for the rest of the tortillas, placing each into the dish
12. Pour enchilada sauce/cream of chicken mixture of top of the enchiladas
13. Sprinkle more cheese on top
14. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees

Enjoy!

By the way, I only baked 4 enchiladas that night. I wrapped two - precooked - in saran wrap and then again in foil so that I could freeze them. I put the enchilada sauce mixture in a freezer bag and put everything in the freezer. This will be a quick meal for a future dinner!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS