1.25.2010

A New Name - A New Look

Hello Everyone!
I hope you are enjoying the new look for my blog. When I began writing, it was merely a way to share my experiences throughout my pregnancy with friends and family who lived far away. At the same time, it would help me actually remember all of the little things I would have otherwise forgotten. After Noah was born, I considered not writing anymore. Life was busy with a newborn. Then I realized how many new stories I wanted to share with everyone.

Here I am, nearly 2 1/2 years later, still writing this blog. When I go back through the stories, I know I never would have remembered most of them had I not written them down. That alone gives me the motivation to keep writing! However, as a bonus, I've had so many of you get in touch with me to ask questions about saving money on groceries, preparing for natural childbirth, learning about Dave Ramsey, adjusting to life with a newborn, growing in your faith, working after becoming a mother, etc. The list goes on and on! I am learning that so many of the posts I write are just seeds that get planted and sometimes grow into something wonderful in someone's life in the future. The joy I get from those moments - when I see how something I've written has sparked a positive change in someone's life - is indescribable. When I get a message on Facebook saying, "I saved $60 this week!" or an email asking me to send my immunization schedule that we used for Noah, it feels awesome!

I struggled with choosing a REAL name for my blog. I think it started as "My Pregnancy Blog" and later become "The Abell Family Blog." I wanted to choose something that described me in just a couple words, and in the end, I came up with My Passionate Balance. For those of you who have been reading my blog for any length of time (or even those who know me personally), you have probably quickly learned that I am a passionate person. Even in past job interviews when they've asked about my strengths, I will say that my passion is one of my greatest characteristics. Passion is the force that drives me to care so much about everything that I do, believe in, and say. Of course, there is a downside to being a passionate person, and I try to keep that part in check, sometimes being more successful than other times.

The second part of my blog name "Balance" stems from what I have learned to be the key to so much of my happiness in life. Without balance in any situation, I feel myself faltering. Balance keeps me from working too much or relaxing too much. Balance lets me enjoy my time with family and friends while also enjoying time to myself. Balance is how I am able to accomplish things in my day to day life. Without balance I begin to drown, falter, and lose focus on what is truly important in my life.

Passion and balance are such opposite concepts, yet one without the other in my life seems to lead to chaos. The balance prevents my passion from getting overwhelming to me, as well as everyone around me. At the same time, my passion stops my balance from becoming too orderly and confining. My Passionate Balance seems to perfectly encompass who I am and what you'll read about in my blog. As I wrote above, I want to live a transparent life in hopes of inspiring happiness in others - others being YOU! I hope you enjoy what lies ahead and that you find your own passionate balance in life.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love it

Greta May said...

You are amazing Amy!! I really enjoy reading your blog.

Mandy said...

You are awesome :) xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS