9.15.2009

Date Nights

Within the past couple of weeks, Ryan and I have gone on some really fun dates! The first one took place on Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Ryan's parents had given us a giftcard to Houlihan's at Christmas time. There is one near their house, so we asked them if they would watch Noah while we had a date night! I had just finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife, and since the movie came out recently, we thought it would be a perfect matinee to see that afternoon. As far as the movie goes, it was just ok. Of course the book was WAYYY better than the movie! I don't know that I've ever watched a movie that was better than the book. After the movie we went to Houlihan's. I seriously LOVE food! I love going out to eat and trying new places. After giving the menu a thorough reading and taking into account my HUGE lunch at Bub's, we decided on two side caesar salads (they were delicious) and THREE desserts. Oh my goodness! They were INCREDIBLE! Ryan and I love to order dessert first when we go out to eat, but ordering three desserts at one meal was definitely a first for us. We ordered the following:

1. Italian Style Donut Flight
2. S'mores Fondue Crock
3. Snickers Crunch Ice Cream Dome

They were SO delicious! I wish I could find pictures of them online because they were as beautiful as they were delectable. We really had a great time and were so thankful for Ryan's parents taking good care of Noah so that we could have some time together.

Our most recent date was Thursday night. After I got off work, I picked up Noah from Alissa's and drove straight to my mom's work. Fortunately, she works just down the street from our sitter. After some blood, sweat, and tears switching the car seat over to her SUV (and some help from a complete stranger), they were on their way back to my mom's, and I was headed to the dollar theatre to meet Ryan for our first flick. We decided to see Perfect Getaway at 5:30 p.m. and ended up really loving it! I love suspense movies, and I want to write more about it, but I hate to give away the ending. Go see it! After our first movie and some nachos for me, we went next door to get some sushi and fried rice. Why can't I make fried rice that delicious?! I had shrimp tempura, the only sushi I can stomach, and Ryan got Tuna Sushi...his favorite. We grabbed it "to go" and sat outside on the sidewalk for our romantic dinner for two. It was really cute! After dinner we walked over to Krispy Kreme and grabbed a few donuts for dessert. I had half of mine, and Ryan had the rest. :) We walked back to the theatre for our 8:05 p.m. movie, Funny People. We were excited about the cast: Adam Sandler, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogan, etc. The movie was pretty good, but to be honest, it was pretty drawn out. Two and a half hours later, the movie was over and we were heading back home. It was a great night together! After worked we rushed down to my mom's house to pick up Noah, had dinner with her and Kent, and had a good visit with them. Again, we were really thankful for them watching Noah so that we could have some time together!

While we always miss Noah when we are away from him, it is SO good for us to have that time for just the two of us. If we're going to be good parents, we have to be a good husband and wife to each other, right? I love going on unique dates like the ones we just had! I can't wait to see what we do next.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS