5.14.2009

On the Eve of Your Birthday


My Dear Sweet Noah,

Today, on the eve of your birthday, I have been spending much of the day thinking about you and how much you have changed my life. You have honestly made this past year my favorite year of my life thus far. You are beautiful. You don't even know it yet, but you are beautiful. You have the most precious blue eyes I have ever seen, and I love the way you look at me. It is so perfect.

It's so hard to believe that one year ago, you were still inside my belly. I loved feeling you move and talking to you each day. I remember that this time last year, I was telling you that you could come on out, that we were ready for you, and that we couldn't wait to meet you. When you were born, it was perfect. Feeling you lying on my belly and listening to you cry, it was incredible. I remember the night in the hospital when I fell in love with you. You woke up and started crying. I picked you up while your daddy slept, and I just rocked you. I sang to you and watched you and absolutely fell in love with you. I will never forget that perfect night.

Do you know how much your daddy loves you? Noah, it is unbelievable to see how proud he is of you. He loves playing with you, snuggling with you, and kissing you. There is something important for you to know about your daddy. He is living his life for God, and because of that, he is going to take good care of you. Your daddy makes choices everyday so that he can be the person that you and I deserve in our lives. You are a really lucky boy to have such a great daddy.

I never understood why moms cried when their babies turned one year old. I didn't realize the real meaning behind a "birthday" and just how special that day really is. After experiencing the day you were born, I get it now. When mothers gave me cards before you were born, they always wrote, "Cherish every single moment." I really tried to keep that in mind throughout the past year with some days passing faster than I would have liked. I do cherish every moment that I have with you, and I hope that by writing down my memories this past year and even during my pregnancy, these special moments will always stay alive.

I think the thought that has come to me more than any other today is this: you and your daddy are the two most precious gifts that God has ever given me. I am so blessed, Noah. I am so thankful that God chose you to be our son. As much as I want to stop time and hold you forever, I'm going to just savor these last few hours before your birthday and then celebrate all that we've accomplished together as a family these past 12 months. I cannot even begin to imagine all of the adventures we will take together, but I'm excited to see how our lives unfold.

I hope you always know how much I love you. I pray that you grow to love the Lord with all of your heart, with all of your soul, and with all of your might because His impact on your life is incredible when you let Him into your heart. That is my greatest wish for you on your first birthday. Sweet dreams and sleep well. I already can't wait to see you in the morning, to wish you happy birthday, and to begin another year of being your mommy.


I love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

LarsenFamily said...

That is such a wonderful letter! He will really treasure that when he is older. I can't believe it's been a year already...time really does fly. I am sure you guys did something fun for Noah's big day! We miss you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS