5.28.2009

Why Not Walk on Memorial Day?

It's official! Noah took his first steps on Memorial Day!!! Ryan and I agreed that it was pretty thoughtful of him to walk for the first time when we were both home to see it. Isn't he so good to us?

Here's how it all went down. :) Noah had woken up from his nap, and while Ryan was feeding him his lunch, I fell asleep. I ended up taking a nap for about two hours, and it was WONDERFUL! I don't get to take naps like that very often because I am always trying to start this or finish that. Anyway, when I woke up, I realized that Ryan had taken Noah upstairs to our room so that I could get some sleep without Noah waking me up. I went into our room, and Noah was standing with Ryan, holding onto his hands. I sat down close to them, and Noah was so excited to see me that he just took these itty bitty steps - probably 6 or 8 - right over to me. We started yelling, "Yay, Noah! You did it!" and he had this look of pride on his face. It was just so sweet.


He is starting to get a little more comfortable with it, walking more often throughout the day. If he's really motivated for a certain toy or other object, he will walk to those now, too, rather than just to people. Another milestone - so bittersweet...

1 comment:

Lisa B said...

Yeah Noah!! He will be running around with Kate before we know it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS