4.22.2009

This Week's Savings

I took the big leap and lowered our grocery budget to just $300 per month! I really wanted to be a chicken and stick with $350 for one more month, but the good voices in my head were saying, "DO IT!!!" :)

Here is a quick blurb about my first week's savings on our new budget! I went to K-Mart (double coupons this week up to $2), so I got a lot of $4 items for FREE. You know I like free! I also went to Walgreens, Meijer, and Kroger tonight. Some of my favorite deals included:

Kroger: Buy 3 boxes of General Mills cereals ($1.67 each w/ coupon), get 4 half gallons of milk FREE

Meijer: 5 boxes of Green Giant Frozen Veggies for $2.83 total

Walgreens: 12 packs of A&W Root Beer (2) and Sunkist (1) for $1 each after peel-off coupons located on the packages and Register Rewards.

Walgreens: Four bags of Hershey's Kisses and Reeses Candy for $1.25 each after rebate.

Walgreens: Physician's Formula Organic Makeup was 40% off. I got new blush and eye shadow for approximately $7, but since it's on the rebate list for this month, I'll get $10 back, meaning I made $3. I LOVE making money at stores! :)

AND THE GRAND TOTAL IS...

Total Products' Value: $209.85
Total Spent: $89.97
Total Saved: $119.88

Plus, I earned $6 in Register Rewards and $15 in Rebates at Walgreens for future purchases.

What can I say? The Grocery Game rules! Yeah, I said "rules"! :) Remember, if you decide to try it, please use my email as your referral: amykabell (at) gmail (dot) com. I'm happy to help you with any questions you may have.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS