4.12.2009

Happy Easter

Happy Easter! It is hard to believe that it's been two years since we started attending our church. Our first service there was Easter Sunday in 2007. Our lives have really changed since then. This Sunday, Pastor Danny's message was about "Rethinking the Recession," and how the current state of our world really ties into the events we celebrate on Easter. I really enjoyed it!

My dad and Danette came to visit us this weekend. Friday night we went out to dinner at Edelweiss, a German restaurant in Greenwood. We felt like we took a step back in time! It was fun to go somewhere different, and my dad had been wanting to go there for a long time. Saturday Ryan and I took Dad and Danette to the Fountain Square area for lunch. I really like living so close to Indy that we can visit the cultural hot spots at a moment's notice. That night, I made our Easter meal...my first ever! :) I was pretty excited about the way it turned out. I made my first glazed ham with pineapple rings, mashed potatoes, green beans almondine, and crescent rolls.
Ryan had band practice that night to get ready for Sunday's service at 9 p.m. He called at 10:15 p.m. saying that he was packing up his stuff and would be home in a couple minutes. Well, twenty minutes later I started to wonder where he was. So, I gave him a quick call. No answer. Another call...no answer. I proceeded to call him probably 9 more times, and there was no answer. Then I started to PANIC. You often hear about churches being broken into, especially around the holidays, people getting killed, and the churches money and equipment being stolen. I was SO worried that this is what was happening that night. Noah, Dad, and Danette were all in bed. My mind was racing! I was thinking about Noah growing up without a dad, what the next day's service would look like if such an event happened, etc. I was trying to decide whether or not to leave and go to the church or stay with Noah. I thought to myself, "Well, if something happened to Ryan, I am the only parent Noah has left." But then I thought, "If the guys are all back there injured or dying, I have a chance to save them by going there rather than hiding in my house." I know, I know...it was crazy! To understand why these things were going through my head, you have to understand that Ryan ALWAYS calls me back if he doesn't answer his phone. It was 45 minutes past the time that he said he would be home. So, I woke up my dad and Danette and told them that I was scared and that I was going back to the church. I decided that God would take care of Noah and that I couldn't let the guys in the band die if I could do something to help them. I never would have thought that I would have to make a decision between my husbands life, my life, and my son's life so early on. My dad said he wanted to come with me, so we jumped in my car and drove to the church. All the while, my dad was trying to keep me calm (thanks, Dad!). We got to the church, and I was nervous when I didn't hear any music. As we got closer to the sanctuary, we heard their voices. Everyone was fine. Of course, I immediately started crying. Ryan drove home with us, and I just balled when we got to our house. I really was so scared, and I was so thankful that everyone was fine. Ryan apologized up and down about not calling. The time just got away from him when they decided to practice for a bit longer, and he couldn't hear or feel his phone vibrating. I wanted to share that story because it was really a scary situation where I really felt put into a position to make decisions about all three of our lives. I'm so thankful that I felt peace that God would provide for Noah in case something did happen to Ryan and me. What do people do without that peace?

So where does that bring us? Oh yeah, Easter Sunday! :) We went to the 8:30 a.m. service that morning. The music sounded great, and Pastor Danny's message was awesome. I'm really looking forward to the next three sessions in the series. Dad and Ryan grilled some steaks for lunch, and Noah got to find his Easter basket. It was a good day! After Dad and Danette left to go home, I took a good two hour nap (thanks Ryan!). All in all, it was a very Happy Easter. I am so thankful for my family and friends, and most of all, I am thankful for the cross.

"That's all folks!!!"

1 comment:

Mandy and Jerry said...

Wow Amy I am so glad Ryan is OK! I would have freaked out too! You are such a great Mom and wife :)

Happy Easter to your family, hope it was a blessed one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS