3.17.2009

Where to Put All of These Goodies

After reading that last blog, you are probably wondering where I am storing all of these goodies! Well, we were fortunate to buy a house that has LOTS of storage space in closets. Here is a picture of my pantry as of yesterday:

What you can't see is that I have two rows of cereal. I seriously think I have like 15 boxes of cereal, though I really never buy it unless I can pay under $1.50 per box...even then I tend to wait to buy it between 80 cents and $1.25. :) Below is my hallway closet with all of our bathroom goodies. Kotex tampons are expensive, so I did a huge stock up once when Meijer was having a deal. Who knows when I'll even use them because with breastfeeding Noah, I still haven't had a period since before I was pregnant. It has been glorious!!! Kleenex and Puffs tissue is always super cheap at CVS and Walgreens. The two purple containers are filled to the brim with more products (medicine, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.). Half of the shelf below the containers is filled with products for Noah. Many were gifts from baby showers, but I have also purchased many with The Grocery Game. That stuff is pricey otherwise! The rest of the shelf is full of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, make up, razors, shaving cream, etc.


Because I make all of Noah's baby food, and I also have a shelf for my back up supply of breastmilk, stocking up on frozen goods has been tough! Plus, I am in a freezer meal group with some friends from church. We trade meals each month, and it is a huge help for cooking meals during the week! Of course, those meals take up room, too. After buying pounds and pounds of chicken and beef two months ago and having very little room for it, I talked to Ryan about buying a deep freezer for our garage. After seeing how much we were saving by stocking up, how could he refuse. :) :) :)

So, Sears was having a deal to get 20% off their Kenmore freezers recently. Because shopping online is so much easier for me right now, I did browsing on their website. Then, I also used a website that I like to find a "promotional code" in order to save even more money. Lots of stores will have these codes floating around online for people to use when purchasing items online, so always google for them or use websites such as this one, this one , or that one. Anyway, back to my story. I found a code online to save an additional $25 off a $300 or more purchase, and it worked beautifully (sometimes the codes don't always work).

We ended up purchasing the Kenmore White 13 cu foot chest freezer. It's Energy Star Qualified, which means that the freezer is energy-efficient, saving you money on your utility bill by using less energy to do the same amount of work. Plus, it's better for the environment. It holds 448 pounds of food, and had a rating of 4.8 stars out of 5 by 9 reviewers. I couldn't be happier with it!




I love the dividers in the bottom to keep everything neat and organized (you know I love organizing!). Plus, the two baskets are a bonus to reach foods we will use often. In my side by side refrigerator/freezer, it's really hard to fit frozen pizza. I won't have any trouble now! :) I am excited about the prospect of buying quarter to half of a cow and organic poultry or pork in bulk. I need to check out the prices and learn more about it first. We will see! We may have a future blog on our hands.

1 comment:

S S said...

seriously...you have become "that house" that all the kids are going to want to hang out at when Noah is older...because you have all the cool food!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS