1.28.2009

Super Savings Tuesday!

I know we just had the most snow since 1999, but even a little snow wasn't going to stop me from doing my grocery shopping last night. Stores on the list: Marsh, Walgreens, CVS, Meijer, and Kroger. I made it to all but the last one! Fortunately, I was able to just carry out the bags of products I bought most of the time because the snow was getting deep. However, since I bought sode a lots of other things at Marsh, I had to push a cart through the snow...hilarious!! I honestly had to run in order to make my cart move.

Now I know what some of you might be thinking...are you really saving money when you are driving to 4 different stores. Fortunately for us, those stores are all within a one mile radius of our house. I made the trip in a total of two hours, and that was really due to driving b/c I was super fast in the stores...or at least I felt like I was. :)

So, here are some pictures of all of the items I bought:

All of the refridgerator and freezer items



All of the panty items plus soda

The list of items I bought includes: 2 twelve packs of Faygo Cream Soda, 4 boxes of assorted pasta, 4 boxes of pudding, 2 Dove deoderants, 2 bottles of Listerine, Reynolds Wrap foil, 2 cans of chicken noodle soup, Windex wipes (have a rebate to make these free), 2 containers of Lysol wipes, Colgate toothpaste, 2 bottles of Soft Scrub, 2 boxes of Corn Pops, Intuition Razor, Head and Shoulders Shampoo (to see if it will help get rid of Noah's cradle cap), Gillette Shampoo, Skintimate shaving gel, 3 jars of Beech Nut baby food, 2 boxes of Ritz Crackers, 2 packages of paper plates, Puffs tissues, Carefree pantiliners, 2 boxes of Beech Nut baby cereal (Rice and Oatmeal), CVS hand lotion, 2 HIP eye shadows, 2 packages of Ball Park hot dogs, eggs, Nestle break-n-bake cookies, Texas Toast, 2 packages of premium dog treats, organic bananas, 3 lbs of pears, and 2 lbs of peaches (all fruit is for Noah's baby food).

Are you ready for the grand totals?? Note that I did two separate purchases at both CVS and Walgreens to get the most out of my savings.

Stores /Money Spent/ Money Saved
Meijer /$11.29/ $10.37
Marsh /$24.68/ $28.79
CVS #1 /$15.30/ $8.30
CVS#2 /$3.30/ $15.46
Walgreens #1 /$18.25/ $11.68
Walgreens #2 /$0.93/ $16.63

Total Products Value: $164.78

Total Spent: $73.75 - I only paid 45% of the products' value

Total Saved: $91.23 (YIPPEEEE!!!) That is a 55% savings!!!

Plus, I have a raincheck for more Beech Nut baby food at Marsh because they were all sold out but the deal was 4/$1. I was told to always ask for rainchecks, and I'm glad I did! I also have a $4 in Extra Care Bucks from CVS to put toward my next purchase. Again, the idea is to buy things on sale and add coupons on top of those sales. My stockpile has begun, and it's looking really good!! I felt so good coming home last night and showing off all my deals to Ryan. I also learned a couple things. First, just because a store (at least the ones I went to) say 2/$5, that doesn't mean you can't just buy one item for $2.50. So, if I have a coupon for $1.50 off one item, and it is on sale 2/$5, I will just buy the one item, making it cost just $1. However, if my coupon is $2 off 2 items, I will go ahead and get both products. Also, when shopping at Walgreens and CVS, you can use multiple Register Rewards or Extra Care Bucks on your purchases. For example, I had a $4.50 RR and $2.00 RR and was able to use both at one time on my purchases. I still need to get out to Kroger today because they are having some great deals and today is the last day before their sales change. Wish me luck in our 10 inches of snow as I head out to Kroger later tonight!!!

1 comment:

Mandy and Jerry said...

YAHOO Amy!! What great deals!!!! I also heard Kroger was having some great deals that end today... I too think I might be venturing out! Great job! :) You are inspiring me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS