12.17.2008

Is it almost Christmas?

Wow! Christmas is right around the corner, and it's hard to believe that Noah just turned 7 months old a few days ago. This year is really flying by! I am a few days into my 3 week break from work for the holiday. I love my job! I don't think you can find a better deal than working part time...having 3 weeks off at Christmas, a week off at Thanksgiving, and all summer off work. I am one lucky girl! I have been loving my time at home with Noah. He is fighting his first cold and is doing pretty well. He gets a little whiny right before his nap but falls asleep soon after I lay him down. We have these Vicks plug ins, and they are incredible! His whole room fills with the Vicks' scent and keeps him clear while sleeping. He took a 3 hour nap the other day, probably because he is sick, and it was wonderful. I got so many things done around the house, though I have to admit, I did check on him a few times to make sure he was still breathing. Hey, I'm not used to him sleeping for more than 2 hours during the day!

Noah wearing his big boy jammies!

I haven't written lately because there just aren't too many things to report. Noah is still rolling around and moving around with his arms; however, he still hasn't figured out crawling. On the one hand, I'd love for him to be able to explore the world a little more through crawling...then on the other hand, I love that he isn't into everything! We started giving him fruit a couple weeks ago, and surprisingly, he hates it. I have never seen him gag and make such terrible faces before. I thought kids were supposed to love fruit?? I have given him bananas, applesauce (which he still won't eat), avocado (what was I thinking? he hated it), and pears. The bananas and pears have gone down the best so far, but it took several days to get him there. He just likes his veggies and milk still. He can be a little pokey at the table, too, which I know is paybacks for when I was a kid. I could sit at the table and eat dinner for 3 hours if you let me. This was mostly because I was super picky. I still don't eat broccoli, lima beans, or other gross green veggies. :)

This little guy is sooo ticklish (just like his daddy!)

For Christmas this year, we are trying to keep things reasonable for Noah. While it would be so easy to go spend a million dollars on him, the truth is...he doesn't need much! He is quite content with his bouncer and little toys that people have already gotten him. He doesn't have a clue what is going on with the gifts, though he does love to stare at the Christmas tree. We bought him two toys, a sit-to-stand and a car wash for the bath tub, which he won't even be able to use until he is a bit older. We also got Noah a toy box. I don't ever want him to get to the point where he is materialistic and focused on "things" rather than what is truly important. Wish us luck!


Merry Christmas from Noah the Elf!

We hope you have a very Merry Christmas this year! We are definitely looking forward to time with family and lots of delicious food. Ryan and I are going to see The Lion King tonight with Abigail and Devin, some good friends from Hanover. I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He just gets cuter and cuter every time I see new pictures! :)
~ Abigail

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS