11.11.2008

A New Milestone

Noah will be 6 months on Saturday! Can you believe it? He reached a new milestone today to make the occasion. See video below:


video

Sorry about the "You did it! You did it!" I tend to get a little overly excited with the simple things in life these days. We were just so proud of him. Of course, now he wants to spend all of his time rolling from his stomach to his back, even though his poor little neck gets so tired. He can roll back onto his back sometimes, but other times he just gets stuck. We were all excited about his new milestone until we put him to bed. He started fussing and crying, so we turned on our TV (we have a video camera above his crib). We found him face down in his crib with his arm completely stuck between two of the bars. POOR GUY! Ryan went racing up the stairs to get him...scared us to pieces! Anyway, I'm worried about him doing this all throughout the night. If he gets stuck on his tummy, I don't know what else to do but go fix him. Any advice from people who've been there before?


Another fun thing is Noah getting his first two bottom teeth! Yep, they popped up just the other day and are razor sharp. Luckily, he hasn't bitten me yet. I was expecting way more slobber, crying, a fever, diaper rash, etc. when they started to pop up, but no...he was just fine. Same ol' same ol'.

The only other story I haven't written about happened a couple weeks ago. Noah hadn't poo'd in TEN DAYS! Can you even imagine?? We were seriously scared, but Noah didn't seem upset at all. He poo'd on a Saturday, and by Wednesday, our sitter was like, "Watch out. Noah's gas has been really bad today, and I think he's going to poop soon." She told us that she checkd his diaper 3 or 4 times before he stunk so bad that she thought he had pooped. No such luck! Well, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday went by without any poop. I was really starting to worry! Finally, on Tuesday morning, Noah was playing in his jumperoo when I smelled it. I laid him down on his back, pumped his legs a few times to make sure he got it all out, and ran to get a plastic sack to throw away the diaper...knowing it would be HUGE. Well, huge isn't even the right word to describe it! I seriously had to get out the scissors and CUT Noah's oneside off his body. There was poop EVERYWHERE, and I know that if I tried to pull it off over his head, he would be covered with it even more. Twenty wipes later, I got him cleaned up. I gave him a quick bath, and put him down for a nap. He slept for TWO HOURS. He was one tired puppy!!! He may stink sometimes, but he is the cutest little guy ever!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Amy,
When Bradyn started rolling to his tummy he did the same thing. He cried off and on all night for about 3 nights when finally he got used to being on his tummy and then started sleeping that way going forward. Grace the little stinker started rolling to her stomach at 2.5 months and was determined to sleep that way which scared me due to SIDS. By 3.5 months there was no stopping her. She has always loved being on her tummy.

By the way - he's beautiful!
Angie

michi.yamano said...

Do you use bumpers in the crib? I think I'd be more worried about SIDS w/o them then with? Not sure what they recommend now. Alex used bumpers, but stiff ones you could secure really well.

iniquity27 said...

I have no advice, but I can't wait to see my little nephew...hopefully in a few weeks!

love you guys!

Lindsay said...

What a cutie, I can't wait to see him in a few weeks!! I caught my self looking at the pics thinking "oh I can so see Amy in him, no wait I totally see Ryan!!" haha!! :)

tgtdnt said...

Thank gosh for photos. Without seeing Noah in the "Obama 2008" onesie, it would be very difficult to tell his political affiliation. It is my experience that all politicians ('Publicans' & 'Crats') begin their careers with the very best of intentions, and eventually get filled with pooh and gas, just like our boy Noah.

Thank goodness Noah's problems got fixed... politicians only get worse.

Grandpa Till

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS