10.15.2008

So Many Changes!

So happy!
How can it be October 15th already? I cannot believe how quickly time goes now. Must be a sign of getting older! :) Speaking of older, Noah is 5 months today. Can you believe that? I swear he was just in my belly, kicking me in the ribs. Ahh...the good ol' days! He continues to get cuter and cuter everyday. But you know what I really love? I love seeing how much Ryan is in love with our son! The way he looks at Noah...and the way Noah looks back at him...it's enough to melt your heart...no matter how many times you see it!


Super Noah!


Noah had some big changes, and they seemed to happen overnight. The biggest one is the change in his feeding schedule. He went from eating every 2 to 2 1/2 hours to eating every 3-4 hours. It is GLORIOUS! It's amazing how much easier things seem to be already. Not only is Noah eating less often, but he awake longer and sleeping longer, too. The day just flows so much easier! He'll eat, stay awake for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, and then sleep for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Plus, his bedtime is the earliest it's ever been. His last feeding is falling around 8:30 or 9 p.m. usually, which is giving him about 11 hours of sleep each night. Again, it's GLORIOUS! He is such a good baby...we are very spoiled! It will be interesting to see if our next baby sleeps that well. Until then, I will always wonder how much the unmedicated childbirth, Babywise scheduling and strategies, and swaddle blankets played a part in his behavior. I guess time will tell!


My $4 find at a garage sale

Funny story about pumping at work. Now that Noah only eats twice at the sitter, I only pump twice. In the morning, I got 7 ounces, and later that afternoon, I only got 5 ounces. I had two 7 1/2 oz. bottles for the sitter to give Noah that day. When I asked her how he did with just two bottles, he ate exactly 7 ounces that morning and another 5 ounces that afternoon. How wild is that? Even though there was more milk in his bottle, he still only ate what my body making. Not only is that strange, but I swear our bodies are in sync. My milk tends to let down while I'm working within the same 15 minutes that he eats at the sitter. Again, it blows my mind! I'm sorry if these stories about nursing and milk are getting annoying. I guess it's something that I'm always thinking about, so I'm staying true to telling stories about my journey through motherhood. :)



Noah in the Jumperoo

Another new thing that Noah is doing now is rolling to his side. He can already roll from his belly to his back, but rolling to his side is new. Noah lifts his legs staight up in the air, and then rolls to the side. He can't quite roll onto his belly yet, but he can roll off a couch. Yep! You read correctly. He rolled off the couch for the first time. I got a call at work from one of our sitters, saying that Noah rolled off her couch. She had left him for a second to warm his bottle back up (he is really particular I guess...hehe), and he rolled right onto the floor. Apparently, he was completely fine...laughing and smiling soon after. I know she felt really bad, but he is just starting to roll, and she didn't realize it. I wasn't upset at all b/c although you never want your kid to get hurt, it's going to happen. He didn't have any bruises/bumps...and was completely himself. It'll be the first of many injuries to come, I'm sure!



Other than those changes, everything else is pretty much the same. I go back and forth between wanting to work and wanting to stay home. I still don't know what to do. I feel really torn and am hoping that we can figure it out soon. I have been pretty lazy this week around the house, and I have two great books to blame (as well as my sister-in-law)! She got me started on the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. Wow! They are good! I think I read about 400 pages in two days...seriously. In fact, I'm going to go now so I can read a bit more before Noah wakes up.


"Don't go to work, Mommy...."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS