9.23.2008

What Happens in a Week's Time

Only a week has passed since I last wrote, and lots of different things have happened. Noah had his second round of DTaP and Rotavirus, and he did really well this time around...probably the best he has done so far! He wasn't fussy at all that day, which was a relief. It helps reinforce he decision to spread out his shots! We'll see if the HiB, Pneumococcal, and Polio bother him a lot this next time in mid-October. Dr. Gloyeske is such a great pediatrician! I couldn't be more pleased. He is probably the first medical person I have really liked and trusted in many years. That feels good! Noah weighed 15 lbs., 3 oz., so he's growing really well. Noah seems to like the doctor, too, which is always an added bonus.


Ryan and I did go on our date Friday night, and my mom watched Noah overnight. We decided to go see Little Shop of Horrors afterall at the Indianapolis Civic Theatre, and it was so much fun! I watched that musical a ga-zillion times growing up. I loved singing along from our third row seats. I think I smiled for the first 45 minutes straight! We had a great time. On the way home, we were both getting a little sad about not being able to see before going to bed. BUT, we also know it's so important to make time for just the two of us without him. It was worth it because we had such a nice night together...and a full night of uninterrupted sleep. While it's true that Noah does sleep 9-10 hours every night, he also makes little sounds while he sleeps...and somtimes wakes up crying. So, you are constantly hearing those sounds. When he starts crying, we can usually put his pacifier in his mouth, and he'll stop crying, so that's nice. I never have to feed him in the middle of the night. I told Dr. Gloyeske that we were still swaddling him but that I knew we would need to stop since in the next couple months he will be rolling over from his back to his belly. The doctor agreed and suggested just swaddling him up to his chest...leaving his arms out. It would give Noah the sensation of being squeeze tight, but should he roll over, he would have his arms. I was so worried about Noah not being able to sleep, but he's doing pretty well so far! When he wakes up in the middle of the night, he is SCREAMING like crazy, but he does calm down after a few minutes. I don't think he's sleeping as soundly yet, but hopefully he'll get the hang of it.

Well, I think I'll keep it short today. Noah is starting to stir...he really should sleep for another 45 minutes, but I know it's just harder now that we don't swaddle him. Oh well! Hope you enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

rebekahallebach said...

Amy-he's such a cutie. I love his cheeks and blue eyes! Thanks for all the pics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS