8.24.2008

Moonstraka!!!

Noah, looking like his mommy for once. :)

Over the weekend, we went on a trip to Brown County. We stayed at a cabin called Moonstraka and had the best time! Along for the ride were 6 adults, 3 toddlers, 1 baby, 1 dog, and 2 buns-in-the-oven. The other four adults included our friends Tim and Beckie and Ryan and Amanda, all of whom we met at church. Ryan and I just really wanted to have a weekend away from home with no major responsibilities and time with some great friends. We caravaned down to Brown County, and although we were using our GPS system, we had to turn around a couple times. The little girl who went on the trip claimed it took longer to get to the cabin than it did to fly from Indiana to Washington state....HILARIOUS! :) Each couple took turns making meals for everyone else, and we ate REALLY WELL all weekend long. Ryan and I were in charge of breakfast on Saturday morning, so we made biscuits and gravy, pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon. We also made some donuts Saturday night for a late snack. Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE food??? Yeah...we pretty much ate like kings all weekend long.

On Saturday, Ryan, Tim, and Ryan Alvis took the kids down to the pond to go fishing. It was supposed to be stocked with fish to catch and release, but all they caught were two leeches and a tick...again...HILARIOUS! The pond also had a diving board, though Tim quickly learned that it didn't have much spring to it. The kids played on this mini-slide that went into the pond, too. Ryan tried the zip-line, though he only made it about half way across the pond before he was in the water. Tim got stung by a wasp, and then a hornet chased Ryan all the way to the cabin. I was feeding Noah inside when he flew in the front door. He was gasping for his breath and was halfway bent over. After taking a shower, Ryan...the poor guy...tossed his cookies! Of course, me being the paranoid, crazy person that I am, was convinced that the pond water made him sick and that everyone else was going to get sick, too. Needless to say, the rest of the clan was fine!


Noah did pretty well all weekend long...with the exception of getting some tummy aches a few times from me having a small amount of biscuits and gravy (sausage makes his belly hurt). Plus, after having some Cool Ranch Doritos today, I've also figured out that those make him sick, too. So, the list of foods I can't eat now includes milk, pepperoni, sausage, and Cool Ranch Doritos. Kya had a great time at the cabin, too! She was probably the happiest I've seen her in a long time. In a way, it makes me sad because I wonder if she misses Layla when we are at home because being away from the house, she just had this pep in her step. All day today, she's been moping around again. It breaks my heart, but we try to entertain her and love on her as much as we can. Last night, she was so tired at the end of the night that she went down into the basement where our bedroom was and just got into bed. It was so cute! I love that dog, and I would have loved to have taken Layla there, too. We miss her so much!

All in all, it was a great weekend. We played some games, my favorite pasttime, and Beckie holds the Bananagrams title. She also won Bohnanza, so we've really got to step it up next time around! It was just so nice to be together as a family, with our friends and their children, and have Kya there. I couldn't have asked for a better quick getaway. We really are so blessed!!!

My family...Aren't I the luckiest person in the world?

1 comment:

Dawn Fitz said...

I couldn't drink milk either when I was nursing Jacob. He'd get so sick and I'd have to go through multiple changes of clothes for both of us. I discovered that I could eat ice cream and it didn't make him sick. Don't ask why, but it worked. So, I got my dairy by having Breyer's mint chocolate chip. I usually went through 2 (sometimes 3) boxes a week, but I like using pasta bowls for my ice cream too, so that could be the reason. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS