5.14.2008

We're Making Progress!

We hit the 38 week mark today! Here is information about the baby's development:

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-38-weeks_1127.bc?intcmp=Nav_Global_MyBC_Stagepage&pn=BC%20Homepage

When I got home from work last night, I started having contractions, which isn't unusual at all. However, this time around I was having cramping with each contraction that would go away once the contraction ended. The nesting went into gear full force last night, and I didn't bother timing anything because I figure that when things get closer together, more regular, and more intense, I'll notice and not be able to ignore it! Actually, as I am writing this email, I'm having a pretty good contraction. My belly is ROCK HARD but there is a lot of cramping in my lower abdomen. I would say it's a good sign that things are progressing!

We had a prenatal appointment today at 3:30 p.m. On my way to the doctor's office, Celine Dion's "A New Day" came on the radio. I hadn't heard that song forever, but I did remember that she wrote it about her son. Let me tell you...I just had the biggest chills listening to that song...feeling the baby moving...touching my belly. Tears just rolled down my face! I am so excited to meet our baby, and I just feel so at peace with the idea of bringing him or her home soon! It was quite a moment, and I need to make sure to purchase that song on iTunes to load on my new iPod. :)

My total weight gain is still 26 lbs., and I feel really good about that! My blood pressure was fine, and the baby's heartrate was 140 beats per minute. :) It is always music to my ears! I feel bad that this baby just gets squeezed all day long during the contractions. I wonder what it thinks about that?? The doctor checked my cervix for the first time today, too. I have to admit, I was a little nervous because I didn't know what to expect. It wasn't bad at all! The fun news is that I'm one centimeter dialated and 25% effaced!! That means that my cervix is changing...these contractions are doing something...and that we are that much closer to meeting our baby. :) The doctor said that the baby is really low. She could feel it's head with her finger!! Can you believe that??? I definitely believed her, though, because I can tell that the baby is right there.

As far as everything else goes, I'm feeling really well for the most part. I have reached the point where I don't want to chit chat about the baby with strangers or even acquaintences. No more cutesy chatter about how I look, when the baby is coming, if I think it's a boy or girl, etc. I'm just over it for lack of better words. :) Talking about everything with friends and family is still fun, and I love that part! Nesting has taken over full-force. In fact, I would be cleaning the house now if Ryan hadn't sentenced me to the couch. My feet and legs are pretty swollen today, so I'm trying to be good and just sit here. The other night around 9 p.m., though, I just HAD to disinfect (here comes another contraction) the kitchen...sinks, counters, refrigerator, etc. Ryan was like, "Umm...are you doing this to be funny, or do you really need to clean right now?" I was like, "There is bacteria all over the kitchen, and we have to get rid of it before the baby comes!" Hilarious! Ryan installed the camera in the nursery so that we can see him/her sleeping while we watch TV downstairs...it's awesome! We got the dresser all set up, too. Ryan installed a gate at the top of our stairs, and he put in the hooks for the guest bedroom curtains. That room is finished for now until we can paint and hang pictures! I worked on lists...I mean there are lists coming out the WAHZOO! I made a list for the people taking care of our dogs while we are in the hospital, another one for Ryan to take care of before we leave for the hospital, and a "who to call/text message when the baby comes list", etc. We just need to clean the bathrooms, dust, vacuum, and mop...then we'll be good to go!! Two of my friends from church are going to go to Entree Vous and Dinner a Fare to make us a bunch of meals to freeze for after the baby comes. I really wanted to do have that in place, but I just don't have time! I don't like to ask for help very often. Almost always, I just want to do things myself and not be helped. It's just how I am! So, asking them for help was totally out of the norm for me, but it did feel really good! I already feel less stressed out about final preparations. Thanks again girls!!!

That's all for me. I'll check back in soon and post some new pictures! In the meantime, thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS