5.15.2008

It's Time!!!

So for the last week or so, everytime I call Ryan on the phone, he'll answer and say, "Is it time???" Well, it's time!! You probalby think I'm crazy to blog right now, but I am feeling really well and wanted to share what has happened up until this point.

All week at work I've been trying to wrap things up, really feeling like I wouldn't be at work to finish the week. For about a month now, I've said I think the baby is coming on the 16th, and it looks like I might be right after all!! I could just tell that mentally my mind was focused on getting things finished at work in preparation for this baby. The dogs have been watching me much more closely lately...especially Kya. She really doesn't leave my side, which is NOT typical of her. She's much more independent!

Anyway, last night I was having contractions about every ten minutes for about 45 seconds to a minute. I already told you I was effaced 25% and dialated 1 cm, too. Well, I lost my mucous plug last night around 10: 15 p.m. I won't go into too many details, but if you're curious to know what that is check out this website: http://pregnancy.emedtv.com/mucus-plug/mucous-plug.html. So I'm sitting on the toilet and say to Ryan, who is in the bedroom, "Honey, I just lost my plug." He was like, "Honey that's great!" and came into the bathroom. Of course I had to show him because how many times do you see something like that! By the way, I'm so sorry for those of you who think this is too much information, but I'm just telling you the whole story! Just when I was getting ready to start crying (out of joy!), Ryan said, "Now let's stay calm ok?" It was perfect and brought me back to Earth. :) I called our doula to let her know, and she suggested that I take a bath and try to relax so that I could get some sleep overnight in case my contractions really were leading up to the big event. I told her that first we had to clean the house! Hahaha...I know I'm insane, but again, this is a TOTALLY normal thing to do. :) It's a mother's instinct, I guess. So Ryan was SO KIND and vacuumed upstairs while I disinfected the tub and sink in the master bathroom. He did the spare bathroom and finished the toilet and floor in the main bathroom while I took a bath. It was relaxing, but the contractions continued. We went to bed, and it took me awhile to fall asleep. Some of the contractions were intense, but eventually I dosed off. I woke up throughout the night and would time the contractions...they were still coming about every ten minutes. I did get some decent sleep throughout the night but again, I woke up about every hour or so with stronger contractions. At about 7:15 a.m., a pretty intense contraction woke me up. I started to sit up and felt a little gush of water. So I walked to the bathroom and sat on the toilet to see if that was my water breaking and sure enough, IT WAS! I said, "Ryan, I think my water just broke." He jumped out of bed, stood in the doorway of the bathroom, and said, "I'm up!" and was putting on his shorts. It was pretty funny because he still was half asleep. :) We made phone calls, sent emails, and sent text messages to everyone. Since that time, Ryan has been packing up everything for the hospital, and I've been doing some cleaning (JUST DUSTING!) and timing contractions. I had some breakfast, and now we're going to go on a walk around the neighborhood to see if we can get these contractions closer together. :) Once they are 5 minutes apart for an hour, we'll call the doc and possibly head to the hospital at that point. This will be my last blog until we get home from the hospital. I love all of you and appreciate any positive thoughts and prayers you can send my way. I know your strength will help me get through the intensity of labor and delivery. I can't wait to meet our baby!!!

3 comments:

sarabeth said...

Amy, I love you for blogging this morning. Only you... :) Good luck! My thoughts and prayers are with you and Ryan and little Babell. Godspeed!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Praying for you. I can't wait to meet your baby boy...i am convinced at least ;-)

rebekahallebach said...

Whooohoooo! Prayers headed your way lil' mama!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS