5.08.2008

Full Term Fun!



We are officially considered full term now (37 weeks), so the baby could come anytime between now and June 11th (2 weeks after our due date). Here is some information about the baby's development:

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-37-weeks_1126.bc?intcmp=Nav_Global_MyBC_Stagepage&pn=BC%20Homepage

I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and Julie (our doula) went with me. The baby's heart beat was 148, and my total weight gain is 26 lbs. I was glad that I put on a couple pounds because my weight gain had really stopped over the previous 5 weeks, and I want to make sure that the baby is getting everything that it needs. My blood sugars have all been fine, too, with the exception of dinner the other night consisting of 2 cups of Rice Chex and 1 cup of skim milk. Even though I was below my allotted carbs for dinner, my blood sugar skyrocketed. I think rice just really does that to me! So, needless to say, I won't be having Rice Chex until post pregnancy. Dr. Soper was really pleased with my sugars and doesn't see any problem with having an elevated measure here and there. While Julie and I were at the appointment, we also gave Dr. Soper a copy of our birth preferences. She was very supportive and felt that everything was completely reasonable. It helped to remind me why we chose Dr. Soper to begin with...she is very good at not intervening in labor and delivery unless it is truly necessary. Some doctors first line of defense is to use a medical procedure when something happens, but that's not the way our doctor operates, and I'm so thankful for that. :) Dr. Soper was also very reassuring, as she said, "In nearly every situation, if things are going to move toward a C-Section, you can see it coming a long time before getting to that point, and we will be having conversations along the way to prepare." It made me feel really good because the last thing I want is to think that everything is peachy and then be scared to death that something has to suddenly be done. Again, I know emergency situations happen, but I do feel some peace knowing that big problems are usually preceded by many smaller problems along the way.


Speaking of going to the hospital when we are in labor, I still have NOT packed our hospital bag! I know, it is so unlike me to act like that, but I just can't make myself do it yet. We have purchased everything we need (e.g., toothbrushes and toothpaste b/c the last thing I want is Ryan scrambling around to pack our toiletries right before we leave for the hospital), and my new pjs are washed. I think I have figured out why I haven't packed the bag yet. Once I pack that bag, I know that I'm giving my body the green light to go into labor. At this point, we still need to finish giving the house a deep clean. Plus, I have a baby shower on Saturday with my side of the family. I would be SO sad if all of my cousin's wife's planning went down the drain because the baby decided to come over the next couple days. At the same time, I know I would be super excited that the baby was coming, too! Anyway, I really think I'll pack Saturday because then things will be finished for the most part. I only have one report to write for work, and I am done with everything that must be done before the baby comes, too. HOORAY!

Here are the little outfits we picked out to bring the baby home in after leaving the hospital:





Are they adorable or what??? I think there's an 90% chance it's a boy, and if they announce that we've had a baby girl, I will be SHOCKED...super excited but absolutely shocked! I think part of it is that the majority of people have said that they think we're having a boy, mostly based on how I am carrying the baby. We will see soon enough!

Here are some other pictures to show you the most up-to-date pictures of the nursery. The only thing I forsee us changing is the diaper thing...it is just too low on the wall. Last night Ryan hung up the collage of picture frames in the nursery, and it turned out great! The middle picture will be of the baby, as well as two of the other frames. The last two frames will hold pictures of Ryan and me when we were little. I can't wait to see the final product!



A view from the doorway.



Just need to put a lightbulb in the lamp...probably paint the lamp base, and we'll be set!



This is between the closet door and the entryway to the nursery.

The Braxton Hicks contractions continue to steadily increase. I've probably had four since I started writing this blog. Again, they really don't hurt...just feel like tightening across my belly. I have also had more of that pain sensation I wrote about before, but I really get excited when it happens because it makes me feel like we are that much closer! I can't believe that we'll be bringing home our baby soon. I can't wait to meet him/her and get to know the baby's personality. It will also mean that summer will officially begin, meaning that I get to be home for the next few months to enjoy this new life. I can't wait!!! Thank you for all of your positive thoughts and prayers. They mean so much to us!

4 comments:

michi.yamano said...

You look great! It's like a super skinny girl with a giant bump right where its suppose to be, I'm not even sure there's enough room for that baby! I admire your birthing plan, it sounds wonderful, I know I couldn't do it! I'm so excited for you and Ryan! Good luck, it will be one of the best moments in your life, enjoy every second!!!Love you! Michi

dntill said...

I love the collage of photos - they look great. Michi is right - you look wonderful. Danette

iniquity27 said...

have i ever mentioned that i really enjoy your blog?

kristen and I are so excited for you and ryan.

mom told me you've been quite the whipper-snapper behind the wheel. "amy kathleen, you're pregnant." lol

Erin said...

I can't believe that the time is finally here. I feel like it was just last week when you called me and asked what I was doing the first weekend in June:) I am so excited for you and Ryan and I can't wait to come meet Babell.
Love you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS