4.13.2008

A Weekend of Fun

What a great weekend! I have enjoyed every second of this weekend from beginning to end. When I got off work on Friday, I told Ryan that I really wanted to grill out because it was so nice outside. I couldn't decide if we should invite people over or just have a quiet night to ourselves. Then Ryan suggested we ask a couple from our small group (Bible study) and their two kids, as well as two other friends from church and their son. Ryan grilled bratwursts, cheeseburgers, and hot dogs, and then we had a bunch of different sides and some brownies. Six adults, three kids, two dogs, and two babies in utero...it was a full house and a lot of fun!!! After dinner (and several glasses of sugar free cherry Kool Aid) the kids laid down to sleep/rest, and we all played Settlers of Catan. If you haven't played that game yet, I highly recommend checking it out! I think I'm going to buy it online, along with the expansion pack so 5-6 people can play it. Yes, I am a total game board geek! Our friends and their kids left around 11 p.m., and we fell asleep about 2 seconds later. :)

Saturday morning I woke up early because my mom, my nana, and I were going to have brunch together. There aren't many women on that side of my family, so it was really special to have three generations of women together to celebrate the upcoming addition to our family! After my mom picked me up, we drove up to my nana's condo. When we got there, this is how the table was set for our brunch/tea party:





Aren't those place settings so cute?? My nana just has this amazing ability to decorate...something that unfortunately does not come that easy for me. We just spent time talking and catching up for a bit, and then I opened some gifts from them. They bought us a boppy, a boppy safari cover, our breast pump accessory kit, and our stroller bag! It was so generous and thoughtful...those were definitely things we needed! After opening gifts, we sat down to have brunch. We had the most delicious quiche, bear claws (I cut mine in half to watch my carbs--aren't I the most compliant person??), fresh fruit, and tea. I'm not sure if it was caffeine free or not, but I didn't have the heart to ask because everything was just so perfect! We spent some more time together after brunch, and then mom and I headed back to Greenwood. It was a perfect afternoon.

As soon as I got home, I crashed! I was really tired and slept for about an hour while Ryan was at band practice for church. When he got home, we drove to Plainfield to hang out with Abigail and Devin for the night. We're really trying to be out with friends as much as possible before this baby is born because we know Babell will be keeping us pretty busy and sleep deprivated for awhile after he/she is born. We had dinner at Red Lobster, and it was delicious! I ate 1 1/2 biscuits (usually I eat like 4) because they are 1 carb each. With my salad and shrimp, I was kind of pushing it, but I had such a great week that I didn't feel like stressing out about it. We went back to Devin and Abigail's after dinner and guess what...we played Settlers of Catan again! This was my 5th attempt playing the game, and I finally won!!! Abigail was one second away from winning, and it was only her first time. I was madly impressed! Here is the final board...I was blue (one of my settlements in the lower right corner got bumped out of its place, so don't mind that):


Today we went to church in the morning and made our second acting debut. You can actually download the services at this website if you are interested: http://emmanuelofgreenwood.org/. I can't remember if I already mentioned our current sermon series, but if not, it's titled, "I'm Married to the Biggest Loser", playing off the TV show. It has been great so far! After church I made lunch, we watched a movie, and then fell asleep for a couple hours. We set up the air mattress in the middle of our sectional so the dogs could sleep with us, too. It was WONDERFUL! I have to say, though, that the baby has never been as active as it has today. I'm not sure that it slept much at all! Plus, it is just getting so big. Right now, for example, it is stretching out and moving around quite a bit, but it is completely pushing on and kicking my left hip...to the point where it actually hurts just a bit when I feel the initial kick. It is completely crazy!!

Tonight I went to prenatal yoga for the first time at http://www.sacred-space-yoga.com/index.html. My friend went last week (she's due 11/11/08) and said she really liked it! I had been wanting to go but never really followed through. So, it was the perfect opportunity to go tonight with her. I really enjoyed the class! I really wanted to take the time to connect with the baby and to be fully aware of our bodies being so intertwined, and let me tell you, this baby was moving like crazy the whole time! I think it really liked it! I could do the balancing and flexibility poses fairly well but had a lot of trouble with the pose that required a lot of upper body strength. I am definitely lacking there!!! I am going to go each Sunday night until the baby is born in order to just focus on relaxing, becoming centered, breathing, and being with the baby. Going to church on Sunday morning, having family time in the afternoon, and going to prenatal yoga at night will be the perfect way to start my work week. I don't know that I've ever felt so happy in my entire life as I have this past year. We are just so blessed, and I am so thankful for every day that God gives me. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

iniquity27 said...

i think all i can say is that was a very nice blog. glad you had such a nice weekend.

Infarrantly Creative said...

You won!! CONGRATS! Now you jut have to beat one of us and you will have arrived :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS