4.25.2008

Baby Showers at Work

Ok, so I work with the BEST coworkers ever. They have been so supportive, encouraging, and excited throughout this pregnancy, and it has really meant the world to me. Last Friday, several people from RISE Special Services, the special education cooperative where I work, threw a coworker (Big Irv's wife for all you Hanover people) and me a baby shower! Jill is due just a couple weeks before us, so it's been really neat sharing our pregnancy experiences together. We all got together for lunch at a restaurant called Steak and Ale. There were probably about 25 people there altogether, which is amazing b/c everyone is scrambling to finish projects before the year ends. Here are some pictures from the shower:



The lady in the pictue with Jill and me is made both of us a quilt...it is so cute! She also made the cake for us to enjoy. You can imagine my blood sugar after that lunch! :) Anyway, 27 of my coworkers chipped in and bought our pack-n-play:

The rest of my coworkers at the shower bought diapers, wipes, toys, clothes, rattles, blankets, and books for the baby. I'm tell you...they spoiled us ROTTEN! The shower lasted two hours, and I just had the best time. I couldn't believe that people we able to stay for so long, and it meant so much to me that they all came to celebrate this baby's life with us. :)

THEN...as if I hadn't already been overwhelmed by the generosity of my RISE coworkers, the special education staff whom I work with at Abraham Lincoln Elementary also threw me a shower this past Wednesday. I walked into the room and was just blown away by how cute everything was. They knew that we have an animal theme in our nursery and decorated the tables with stuffed animals. They also had this HUGE clothes line with so many onesies, sleepers, towels, and washcloths...I can't even tell you how many there were. A group of people pitched in and bought us the baby's swing:

On top of all of those wonderful gifts, not to mention the delicious food and punch they prepared, the kindergarten, first grade, second grade, and fourth grade teachers each went in and bought the baby really great gifts, too! We got so many great things, and the nursery is just filling up! I really am lucky to have such great coworkers. Speaking of work, I am only going back to work part time next year, and I'm really excited about it. I debated for several weeks about what to do next year, and my bosses have been supportive in my working 2 1/2 days each week and staying home with the baby 2 1/2 days each week. I am so lucky!!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS