4.08.2008

33 Weeks!

Ok, so I'm writing the 33 week blog one day early, but I figured I have some other things to write about so what the heck. :) Here is some information about the baby's development at 33 weeks:

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-33-weeks_1122.bc

Can you believe this once microscopic being is now over 17 inches long and weighs over 4 lbs.?!?! I must say, it's getting more and more difficult to type on a lap top when the computer actually sits on my lap. Right now, Ryan and I are sitting on our screened-in porch. Layla's in the backyard guarding the fence (her favorite pasttime), and Kya is snuggled up on the puppy bed next to us on the porch. This is my absolute favorite!!! I just love coming home from work and feeling the sunshine and a slight breeze, breathing fresh air, and being with my family. It is seriously the best! I know it's silly, but I LOVE that Layla loves playing in the backyard. :) I feel so much joy watching her run around back there! Kya likes to stay a little closer but will go play with Layla from time-to-time. There is just something about Spring that makes you feel lighter on your feet and more hopeful about things in general, I think. It will be such a perfect time to have a baby! Just think of all the walks I can take this summer with the baby in the stroller. I can relax on the porch with the dogs in the back yard, and the baby can nap in his/her pack-n-play. It will be great!

As you can probably tell, I'm feeling a little bit better than the last time I blogged. I had my first mild-to-moderate freak out about the labor and delivery of this baby, as well as the small amount of time that Ryan and I have just for the two of us. We have had a great 3 years of marriage and 4 years of dating before that. I know our lives are going to change in ways we can't even understand right now, but at the same time, we know it's going to be something amazing that we also can't begin to understand either. I was in need of some much needed one-on-one time with Ryan this weekend, and we completely got it! He took me out to La Trattoria for dinner Friday night, and then we went to see Juno. It was a great date!!! For the rest of the weekend, we got some different things done around the house but also had plenty of time to relax, too. It was just what the doctor ordered! I felt rejuvenated and excited again for the big upcoming changes and events in our lives.

I had an appointment with Dr. Soper today for our 33 week check-up. I weigh exactly the same as I did at my last appointment two weeks ago (23 lb. gain so far). Dr. Soper and I went over my blood sugar results, and she seemed to think things looked fine so far. I have been pretty discouraged at times because I will stick to my diet and still have higher blood sugar levels. However, I'm starting to think that my sitting on the couch for a week had a lot to do with it because I wasn't getting any physical activity. Now that I'm back to work, things have been going much better. Who knew that walking around at work would make that much of a difference? Anyway, after we talked about that, Dr. Soper measured my fundal height, and I'm still measuring 3 cm ahead of my due date (I'm 33 weeks, and I measured 36 cm). At least it's consistently 3 cm rather than getting bigger and bigger. Most of this is probably the way I'm carrying the baby. However, since I do have GD, the baby might be a little bigger, too. Time will tell! The baby's heart rate was 132 and sounded beautiful! I will go in at 35 weeks and get my beta strep test (http://www.mjbovo.com/Pregnancy/PG-BetaTest.htm - don't mind the typos b/c the information seemed pretty accurate). Then, I will start going every week until the baby is born. Can you believe we are at that point in the pregnancy? WOW!!!

By the way, I'm predicting a mid-May baby. I don't know why...call it a mother's intuition. :) Oh and after the baby is born, I'm going to drink the BIGGEST, TALLEST CHERRY COKE with whatever kind of chips and candy bar I am craving...just so you know! You are welcome to visit at the hospital if you have one of these three items with you. :) Otherwise, you will just have to make a trip to the vending machine if you want to see the baby!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS