4.04.2008

32 Weeks


We hit the 32 week mark on Wednesday...hooray! Here is some information about the baby's development:

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-32-weeks_1121.bc?intcmp=Nav_Global_MyBC_Stagepage&pn=BC%20Homepage

I've been on Spring Break all week, and it has been so nice to have a break from work. Unfortunately, as most breaks go, it has gone way toooo fast! I am trying to turn this blog into a scrapbook, and I am quickly realizing how much more time it is going to take me than I thought it would. I also finished writing my thank you letters for the two baby's showers I've had. I'm so glad they are all out now! When I look in the nursery, it just blows my mind how much stuff we have for the baby already thanks to so many amazing friends and family members. We are so blessed!

As far as the pregnancy goes, I'm still feeling pretty well. I feel my best in the morning and afternoon, and then the evening gets a little bit more tiredsome. My body is just starting to slow down a little more, and I can't do as much at once or in one day as I used to do. Ryan is really encouraging me to ask for help more often and to take it easy, but most of you know how difficult that is for me. :) I just like to do things myself! Getting up and off the couch at night continues to become a little more uncomfortable, mostly with my hips and pelvic bone. I know it's just a good sign that my body is preparing for the continued growth of the baby, as well as the delivery of him or her.

Speaking of giving birth to this baby, everything really started to hit me on Wednesday night. I don't really know what caused it, but all of the sudden, I felt a little anxious/scared for the first time. It hit me that Ryan and I have only 8 weeks (give or take a couple) to enjoy our one-on-one time, and then our lives are going to change quite a bit. I know we can still go on dates and visit with friends, but I know doing those things just won't be as easy as it has been the past 7 years. I am starting to realize how breastfeeding is really going to tie me to the baby until we're in a better position to bottle feed with breast milk. My friend just had her baby girl two weeks ago, and she was saying that it was difficult to stay inside day in and day out. I can completely understand that! I am really hoping that the weather will allow for nice walks and getting outside often. I also started thinking more about how big this baby is getting and how one of these days, I'm going to have to push it out. Having never experienced labor or delivery, the unknown can be a little scary. I'm really trying to work through that nervousness, though, because I'm reading this book about hypnobirth. It's partially based on the premise that fear of a situation actually causes one to experience more pain due to the hormones/chemicals that are released in fear-provoking situations. It makes your body tighten rather than open up. I really like thinking about it in those terms because I strongly believe that our emotions are the result of our thoughts, and if we can have more positive and rational thoughts, our emotions will follow suit. It forces you to reframe situations a lot but works really well! So, I'm hoping that I can work through some of my fear and reframe that into more positive thinking in order to help control some of the pain.

We met with our doula last night for about 4 hours! It was a really long appointment at our house, but at the same time, it was wonderful! We answered a lot of questions so that she could get to know more about our perceptions of labor and delivery. She took us through the stages of labor, but it was better than the way books, videos, or classes have described it in my opinion. She not only talked about physically what is happening, but she also described what a mother is typically doing or feeling emotionally during those stages. Julie also had us start to figure out what type of birth plan (a kind of wish list for labor and delivery) we are looking for with this baby. We are going to try to labor at home through early labor and some more active labor, that way I can be as comfortable in my surroundings and have freedom to move around the house or go on walks outside to help the labor progress. I hope to be in active labor when we arrive at the hospital so they don't send me home or attempt to move things along with medical interventions (unless they are really necessary). I am hoping to labor in a tub during transitional labor (often described as the most difficult part of labor) because water really helps with managing pressure and pain during labor. My OB doesn't like to do water births with a first baby, so hopefully when it comes time to push, I will be able to climb out of the tub, jump back into bed, and push this baby out! There are lots of details to the birth plan that we will create. Once we are finished with it, I'll post in online for you to see. :)

Ryan and I did not take pictures on Wednesday like we typically do, so I will post some as soon as I can! Hope you all have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS