3.04.2008

Quick Update

When I wrote yesterday's blog, I just knew I was forgetting something but couldn't put my finger on it. I remembered this morning and wanted to update everyone about our OB appointment last Thursday. This was the first appointment that Ryan had to miss. I told him not to worry, though, because last time we were only there for about 5 minutes anyway. :) Hearing the baby's heart rate was music to my ears! It was 132 beats per minute this time around. If you have been keeping track, you can see that his or her heart rate has been all over the place. Sometimes it's really high...then somewhere in the middle...now low. I think it's just being ornery, trying to keep us guessing about whether its a boy or a girl! Anyway, my weight gain again was right on track, and it wasn't so hard to see that "number" this time around. So many people have been saying such nice things lately that it doesn't make weighing more feel so bad! When Dr. Soper measured my fundal height (pelvic bone to the top of my uterus), I again measured bigger. If you remember, this happened at my last appointment, and she wanted to see if things evened out (like I had gone through a growth spurt or something), or if the measurement would stay consistent. Since it was higher than expected again, she wants me to come in for an ultrasound next Friday (March 14th) to check things out. She mentioned four different possible scenarios. First, the baby may be a little bigger. Second, I could have more amniotic fluid than expected. Third, I could have fibroids in my uterus. Fourth, it could be nothing...and 3 out of 4 times nothing is wrong! So, I'm hopeful with those odds that everything is fine. Dr. Soper said it could be that I'm just carrying the baby higher, which is fine by me! I will also take the glucose test that same day...where they test for gestational diabetes. I just have to drink this sugary lime drink, and they will draw my blood an hour later to see how my body responds. They will double check my blood type to make sure that I do need to take Rhogam, too, and if I do, that will happend at my 31 week OB appointment.

I think that is everything I needed to share with you!! Now you are completely up to speed on the comings and goings of Baby Abell.

1 comment:

michi.yamano said...

I was the same way, measuring big. I had an extra sonogram and it turned out I had extra fluid. I didn't know what extra meant until my water broke that night! You would've thought I was having a water birth! Haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS