3.19.2008

30 Weeks Down...10 To Go!

Yes, you read that correctly...we are 30 weeks pregnant today! It feels GREAT to hit this milestone.

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-30-weeks_1119.bc?intcmp=Nav_Global_MyBC_Stagepage

For those of you who wonder what that means in terms of months, we will be 7 months on Friday. Yep, only 2 months to go! What a better way to ring in the 30 week mark than to have a Glucose Tolerance Test. I slept really well last night and was ready for the 4 blood draws and fasting. It really wasn't so bad. There were people ahead of me at the lab, so they drew my blood for the first time around 8:30. Then I drank that sugary drink...it tasted just like last time but a little sweeter...no big deal! People really make that drink out to be awful, but I didn't mind it at all. Maybe it's the lime flavored one that doesn't taste so bad. :) Anyway, I waited the first hour without any trouble and had my blood drawn at 9:45...exactly one hour after I finished the drink. The waiting between 9:45 and 10:45 was a little worse. My stomach started to ache a bit from being hungry. I don't think having only sugary stuff on my stomach helped, though. I just laid down in the car until it was time for blood draw #3. I decided to just sleep through the last hour, and that really helped! The second it was over, I shoved a granola bar down my throat and then headed to the northside to get my hair cut. I will find out the results from the test tomorrow, so any prayers for good results are much appreciated! Enjoy the 30 week belly picture!


30 weeks

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS