2.16.2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day! I usually don't make a big deal out of Valentine's Day, but it is does provide a nice opportunity to take time out of your day to show someone that you love them. With this being our last Valentine's Day before having kids, I did want to make it special. I asked Ryan to grab a movie at Blockbuster and told him that I would make a nice dinner and dessert for him.

Well, Thursday came, and although Ryan and I talked a bit that morning before work, but neither of us remembered to say Happy Valentine's Day (I told you that we don't usually care much about this holiday)! He called me sometime that afternoon to wish me a Happy Valentine's Day and said he was driving back to work from an appointment. Well, about three minutes later, he surprised me at work and brought me flowers. It was really sweet, and I was completely surprised!

So after I finished up at work that day, I went to the grocery store to get everything for dinner. I decided to make Ryan a New York Strip with skewered shrimp on top, garlic mashed potatoes, dinner rolls, and a salad (which we decided not to have for dinner - no veggies for Baby that night!). I also wanted to make profiteroles for dessert and had never done so before. For those of you who haven't had them, it's basically a pastry filled with ice cream and chocolate sauce. We first had them at our rehearsal dinner at Maggianos, and now we get them every time we go back there. I had a great time cooking and baking, and dinner turned out great! We topped it off with our favorite...sparkling white grape juice and of course, drank the whole bottle with dinner. I sure hope it doesn't have caffiene in it!

YUM! My mouth waters just looking at that shrimp!

Profiteroles = DELICIOUS!

Other than dinner, I also got Ryan a card and two kinds of his favorite candy: Mike & Ikes and Sour Patch Kids. He gave me a really sweet card and a necklace charm from Hallmark. I already have one that I wore a lot while we were trying to get pregnant that says "Strength". It's just so perfect that I can replace that charm with the one Ryan got me because it says "Mother". It was just the most thoughtful gift, and I still tear up thinking about it. I love him so much!

We were both stuffed to the brim from dinner and dessert, and then we watched a movie called Dedication. It was really different from Mandy Moore's usual films, and it took awhile to really "grab" us, but we ended up liking it. The guy in the movie is a nut case, so that is always really entertaining! All in all, it was a great Valentine's Day...one I will never forget!

1 comment:

dntill said...

Wow - what a nice Valentine's Day. I love the flowers - is the square holder for the flowers a glass vase? I like it - whatever kind of container it is. The meal you prepared looks awesome. I am especially impressed by the dessert!! Amy you continue to look BEAUTIFUL pregnant. I am so glad things are going well for you and can't wait to see you and growing Babell in person soon!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS