1.03.2008

Prenatal Appointment - 19 weeks!

Can you believe we are 19 weeks along as of yesterday? WOW! Here is some information about what is happening to the baby at 19 weeks gestation:

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-19-weeks_1108.bc?scid=mbtw_preg20:20071231:0:0:0

I really do believe the part about the baby being able to hear. It's been so fun because Ryan will play his guitar, and the baby will begin to do flips in my belly! I have no idea if this is a coincidence or not, but I like to imagine that the baby is already connecting with his/her dad. It's really sweet! For the past couple weeks, I would get this sensation every couple days or so that made me believe that I was feeling the baby moving. However, as soon as I'd think to myself, "Is the baby moving?" the sensation would go away. :) So as of the day after Christmas, I have been feeling the baby move every single day. It was usually happening after 9 p.m. or so, but today I felt it around 9 a.m., 1 p.m., and I will hopefully get to feel it again later tonight. I think it's moving after I eat a meal. Last night Ryan and I were watching a movie (Reign Over Me--I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!), and the baby was moving for 20 minutes off and on! It was so fun! I have never felt it move around like that before. I kept putting Ryan's hand on my belly to feel the baby, but he just couldn't feel it yet. He said it made him feel a little sad, but probably in about a month he'll be feeling him/her move regularly. :)

Our appointment with Dr. Soper went just fine yesterday! I found her to be a no-nonsense kinda doc...straight to the point...and a dry sense of humor. I can truly imagine her there when I give birth to this baby. She'll say, "Amy you need to push NOW!" and I'll be like, "Yes, Dr. Soper...whatever you say!" Hehe...I think Ryan is really happy with our decision, too, which makes the situation all the better.

My total weight gain is 10 lbs., which is just completely wild for a few reasons. First, I have never weighed this much before. Second, I don't feel 10 lbs. heavier. Third, I've decided that if I weigh this much at a later date (post pregnancy), I can't imagine being too upset because I don't really mind the way I look right now. :) It helps when you get compliments from your family, friends, and co-workers, so keep 'em coming! According to my earlier post about how much weight one should gain in pregnancy, I should weigh between 9 and 11 lbs. Isn't that wild? I'm right on track with things.

The baby's heartbeat was again music to our ears. I swear Ryan and I smile ear to ear when we hear that heart pounding away! It was 156 beats per minute this time, so we've seen higher heart rates, lower heart rates, and middle-of-the-road heart rates. Dr. Soper measured my fundal height (measurement between pubic bone and the top of my uterus), and it was 20 cm, which is right on track with our being 19 weeks along.

I started back to work today, as yesterday was the last day of Christmas break. It was nice to see my coworkers and the kids again, but I'm not going to lie...I could've used the extra two days off work to finish some things around the house. It's wild to think that only one more semester until the baby is here. :)

2 comments:

dntill said...

How exciting that you are regularly feeling little Babell move around!! The whole process is very amazing to me. It won't be much longer before Ryan will be able to feel it too. I thought of you back at school today. I was going to e-mail you to see how the day was going, but time got away from me. I am like you - I could have used a couple more days to get things done at home, but the routine was nice to get back too also. I am glad you liked your doctor! Love you!

joel said...

You're half way there! I have cleared my schedule for the last half of May so that I can be ready to drive down to Methodist to meet Babell (and see you and Ry of course). This is the best time of your pregnancy - enjoy it!!!!
-Aunt Kelli

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS