1.08.2008

Heartburn = No Fun

Ever since we found out that we were expecting, I have had acid reflux quite a bit. It really hasn't bothered me too much because again...it's just a good sign that things are developing just as they should be. HOWEVER, heartburn is a WHOLE DIFFERENT story! I'm telling you...when I get heartburn, it honestly feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest. It doesn't actually "burn" at all; instead, it's just this terrible pressure all over my chest. Again, I can tell myself that it is a good sign that the baby is developing, but it REALLY HURTS! I have had it three days in a row, and I'm not looking forward to the next time. What I have learned is how much my diet affects getting heartburn. For example, Saturday night I stayed overnight with some of my Hanover friends. We, of course, pigged out like crazy, and my chest felt horrible most of the night. Then, Sunday night Ryan and I went out to dinner at Denny's. I know...Denny's is gross, but Ryan LOVES it! So, I ordered french toast that came with both bacon and sausage. Yep, heartburn city afterwards! Yesterday for lunch, my coworkers wanted to celebrate three of our birthdays by ordering lunch at my favorite pizza place - Enzos. So, I got my usual 2 breadsticks with cheese and slice of pizza. YIKES! Afterward, I really thought I was having a heart attack or something. The pressure was pretty bad in my chest, but I also was having hot flashes and was seeing spots. I don't know if my blood pressure spiked or dropped; regardless, I felt horrible! Fortunately, we ate a really late lunch, so by the time I was feeling pretty bad, it was almost time to go home. I left work about 15 minutes early, drove home with the windows down, and slept for 2 hours until Ryan got home. I felt just fine after waking up!

Moral of the story - don't eat foods that aren't good for you! The baby doesn't like it, apparently, so I need to stick to lots of fruits, veggies, protein, and dairy. We'll see how that goes!

1 comment:

rebekahallebach said...

I can totally relate to your heart burn and acid reflux. I had it bad with Maddie. I seriously went through a container of Tums every 2 weeks. It only gets worse as the baby gets bigger! It's so amazing the impact such a little person can have on your entire body. They're so worth it though. Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS