1.09.2008

20 weeks!

We made it to the halfway mark!!! HOORAY! Here is some information about the baby's development at 20 weeks:

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-20-weeks_1109.bc?pe=2Uupr3l&scid=mbtw_preg21:20080107:0:0:0

So up until this point, the baby was measured from head-to-rump because its legs were curled up. Now that the baby is moving around a lot more and stretches out, they measure its entire length. Imagine my shock to read that the baby is 10 inches long now!!!! I mean, no wonder I feel it moving all the time. :)

Another fun milestone this week is turning 26 tomorrow! It's funny because I told my friends in college that I wanted to be 26 when I had my first child, and it's completely turned out that way! I didn't push Ryan into having kids because of my age...it's just a coincidence that we were ready. I actually feel really good about turning 26, too, so that makes it extra nice!

My mom and I went on a shopping spree at Motherhood Maternity after work today, and I got so many great things!!! I feel like I can go to work now and not feel like I'm throwing together something just because it's the only thing that fits. My friend Alyssa told me about these "Secret Fit" pants at Motherhood Maternity, and I am convinced that they are the best invention ever. Check out this link to see a picture:

http://www.motherhood.com/Collection.asp?Keyword=MHSecretFit0810&Search=True&website_Id=1&MasterCategory_Id=10

Seriously, when I first saw the picture, I thought, "Oh those will be way to constricting!" Boy was I wrong! They are the most comfortable maternity pants in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD. Plus, they look great on!!! I got a pair of black and a pair of gray dress pants for only $25 a piece with the secret fit. I mean, that is less than I spend on my regular dress pants! I am so excited! My mom bought me a great pair of jeans (Secret Fit of course!) and a cute sweater, and I bought an additional 2 tank tops, 9 shirts, and 2 pairs of dress pants all of $275!!! BOOYAH! I thought maternity clothes were going to cost so much more than my regular clothes, but they really are very similar to the price of clothes I typically buy. The best part is how much better I'm going to feel when I go to work. I can look like a professional rather than someone who is rotating the same 4-5 outfits. Happy birthday to me!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS