11.14.2007

First Ultrasound!!!

Hi everyone! Sorry I couldn't post anything last night after our ultrasound. Ryan sister, Kelli, Abigail, and I went to Bloomington to see Rent...Off Broadway! It was incredible! I can't imagine having a job like that. Those people are just so talented. I may need to buy the soundtrack! We also hit the 12 week mark today! Here is the link with information:
http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-12-weeks_1101.bc?scid=mbtw_preg13:20071112:0:0:0


So the ultrasound went great yesterday! I talked to the ultrasound technician a few hours before the appointment to see if they would be able to give us pictures of the baby or to find out if we needed to purchase a VHS tape or DVD to burn a copy of the video. She said that they would take pictures, so I've posted some below. The lady also told me that I only had to drink 24 oz. of water before the ultrasound instead of 36 oz. I really cannot imagine having to drink that much because after 24 oz, I was so water logged! By the time she was finished with the ultrasound, I had to pee like I've never had to pee before...seriously!

I'm telling you...I was just in awe seeing the little baby. I think I must have said "Wow!" or "That's incredible" about 100 times. I went into the appointment thinking that we would see a little blob, but I'm telling you...we could see the baby so clearly. The pictures we've posted are a bit clearer in person, but you will get the general idea. She took a million pictures and measurements of the baby and said everything looked really good so far. The baby is measuring 12 weeks, 6 days old, and they have an error period of seven days. This means that our date of conception and our due date are probably spot on! It was just so incredible seeing the one baby...that I can't imagine what I would have done if we would have seen two of them. That's right...we're having just one baby, and that is fine by me!!! I am super excited...can you tell?? I went into the appointment thinking that we would see a little blob, but I'm telling you...we could see the baby so clearly. The pictures we've posted are a bit clearer in person, but you will get the general idea.




I also announced that we were expecting at work today to all of the teachers at one of my buildings. They are so excited and supportive, which really means a lot because as a school psychologist, you are kind of an "outsider". They've really taken me in with open arms, which means so much. My tummy continues to grow, and I will post some pictures as soon as we take some new ones. Ryan's sister, Kelli, and I traded pants because she's lost weight (I'm not sure how because she was a skinny thing before! :) ), and my stomach is popping out more and more. She said mine fit her perfectly (HOORAY!) and hers fit me wonderfully (DOUBLE HOORAY!). So I really lucked out! I can put off maternity clothes for a bit longer still. I'm trying to make it to December 1st...we'll see if that happens. Danette, my step-mom, bought me some maternity clothes right after we announced that we were pregnant, and they're really fun! This past weekend, Ryan's parents got me a pair of courdoroy maternity pants and a shirt, both of which are great, too! It has been so fun sharing our excitement with everyone. Thank you for all of the love and support you give us each and every day. :)


This one looks like the baby is frowning!


Now the baby looks like it's smiling and waving at us (that's a little hand above it's body)


Babell's just lounging! check out that pot belly and that little skinny leg (he/she takes after her father...tee hee...just kidding)


Baby got sleepy and tired of us disturbing him/her, so Babell turned on it's side and stuck out his/her rear (again, taking after Ryan)! :)

1 comment:

sarabeth said...

babell is beautiful!! i'm so excited for all 3 of you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS