11.26.2007

Belly Laughs

So I finally decided to buy a new book to read...Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laughs. Now, just to warn the more conservative of readers, this book may not be for you. She pretty much tells the readers about her experience, and she doesn't censor herself at all. Jenny puts it ALL out there, which I have definitely found some appreciation for lately. It's funny, every time I pick up that book, I find myself thinking, "Oh my gosh, that is totally happening to me!" or "WOW-I didn't know that was happening because I'm pregnant!" Today, I was reading one about having a runny nose/sneezing all the time due to pregnancy. I thought it was just allergies or a never-ending cold! I definitely sneeze just about everyday, multiple times a day. The running nose hasn't been too bad, but it can get that way after sneezing of course. I guess it's due to the softening of my nasal membranes. Mmmm...I hope you aren't sitting down reading this with something yummy to eat. Sorry if you are! I have been getting these TERRIBLE, and I mean TERRIBLE, bloody noses. They will come on without warning sometimes...like the day I was observing a girl in her 3rd grade classroom. I had to leave in a hurry to get it under control. One of my principals saw me walking down the hall with a Kleenex to my nose, so he immediately rushed me to the nurse's office. I assured him that it was just a bloody nose...nothing to worry about...but he said in my current "state" (aka: being pregnant), I needed to see the nurse. Thank goodness she wasn't there!!! :) I got a really bad one last night that lasted like 15 minutes. I was going bananas! Oh well, I'll take a bloody nose over a stomach ache any day of the week.

Oh...I finally bought some new prenatal vitamins on Friday. By the way, vitamin stores REALLY SMELL BAD when you are pregnant since your sense of smell is multiplied by like 100. WHOA! It about knocked me down! Anyway, the pill bottle was made of white plastic, so I had to take a chance on the size of those monsters. As soon as I got in the car, I opened the bottle and low and behold, those suckers were bigger than the last ones...which I didn't think was possible! At least they don't smell/taste as bad. They are supposed to be of the "gentle stomach" variety, and so far I haven't had any trouble. I think that's all for now! My friend Michi sent us this cute little horse stuffed animal with a note saying that it was a horse from the real southwest. It's so great! Two of my cousins' wives gave me three tubs of maternity clothes! Can you believe that? They are so great!!! Im telling you, we really do have the best family and friends!

5 comments:

AbigailCarter said...

Hooray for new posts, Amy! I can't believe you are 1/3 through your pregnancy! I guess I need to start getting baby shower invites out! :) Love you guys!!

rebekahallebach said...

Wow, such a miracle. Thanks for letting us be part of your pregnancy experience. You and Ryan are going to be awesome parents!

Anonymous said...

Remember, bloody noses can easily be stopped by placing a small folded strip of tissue, paper towel or gauze between the upper lip and upper gums. And never, ever, stick a metal knife in a toaster that is plugged into the wall outlet....

:)

You know who...

jatill said...

What a pain having bloody noses. Bradyn gets them from his allergy medicine and they have us spray "Simply Saline" in his nose twice a day. It helps to keep it moist. I had 2 bloody noses when pregnant with Bradyn - both in the Winter. I didn't have any with Grace but I wasn't pregnant at all in the winter with her really. Take care!

The Deaton Family said...

Just an FYI for next time :)

I had an AWFUL time with my prenatal vitamins and my OBGYN said I could just have 2 Flintstone vitamins and it would be the same. I would get the chewy ones. :) They were really good too! They are like gummy bears! YUM!

I could never swallow those big horse pills they make labeled "prenatal" vitamins. YUCK!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS