10.14.2007

It finally happened...

Well, it finally happened...I got sick for the first time at 4 o' clock this morning. I woke up around 2 a.m. and realized that I hadn't taken my prenatal vitamin yet. Since I haven't been eating as well as I'd like, I wanted to make sure to get those extra nutrients. So, I took the vitamin and went back to sleep. My stomach hurt over the next two hours, and then finally I just got sick. I felt a lot better afterward, especially when Ryan brought me a cold wash cloth with which to cool off. Yep, he came to the rescue again!

I felt pretty good most of the week last week until about Friday. Both Friday and Saturday I had my ups and downs with nausea. Sometimes I'd feel just fine, and then other times I didn't. You know, when you get pregnant you have all these plans to eat well...lots of protein, fruits, and vegetables. You make charts about what you need to eat each day (yes, I seriously did that). Then, you take one look at that container of cottage cheese you are supposed to eat over the next week and want to just die. That gag reflex starts working, though it's not just when you see cottage cheese. It happens when you see some of your favorite foods. So, it comes to the point when you just eat anything that you can stomach and hope that the vitamins take care of the rest that the baby needs. I really didn't think I would have a stomach ache during this pregnancy. I thought the power of positive thinking would get me through it! Well, I was wrong.

You know the funny thing - when I was sitting on the bathroom floor this morning getting sick, I was still thanking God for this pregnancy. We are so lucky to be able to even get pregnant, let alone be able to provide financially, emotionally, and physically for this new baby. So, another lesson was learned. Even when you're getting sick in the middle of the night, count your blessings. There are so many families out there who wish they were able to do the same thing.


Well, I'm off to get ready for church. Have a happy Sunday!

1 comment:

dntill said...

Hi - hope you had a good rest of the day. I don't know if this is why you got sick, but I cannot take a vitamin on an empty stomach or I get sick (that is what happened to me the last time we were down to visit you - I did not take my multi-vitamin, just a couple of my supplements and I still got sick). I have never been pregnant, but I have felt the nauseau, sweatty head, vomiting, etc. from vitamins so I empathize. I hope you and Ryan have a good week. Love you both!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS