10.24.2007

9 Weeks!

We are 9 weeks pregnant today! Can you believe it? Here's the newest link giving information about what typically happens around 9 weeks:

http://www.babycenter.com/newsletter-pregnancy-109

This week has started out and continues to go well. I woke up Monday morning, and for the first time in about 3 weeks I felt completely normal again. I had gotten a great night's sleep...the best I've had in quite a while. I woke up not feeling sick to my stomach or starving either. It was wonderful!! On Monday and Tuesday I had the normal hunger/nausea pains, but nothing to get too worked up about. Today I have felt better than I have in weeks. I haven't had any stomach aches at all, and I felt like eating just about anything! I did drink milk for the first time in a few weeks (I've only been getting milk by eating cereal), and it tasted really strange. I hope that goes away soon because milk is so good for you, and I usually LOVE it! I did get my bloodwork done today after work. Our midwife ordered about 10 different tests (hormone levels, blood type, Rh factor, etc.), and you know what? The technician took 6-7 viles of blood!!! I thought I was going to die when she brought them over to me. I was like, "Are those all for me?" She said, "Yeah and I'm being conservative." YIKES! When I told her about my being skittish around blood, she said, "Oh honey, you're just getting started with this stuff!" I know she's right, and I pulled myself together. It was fine, and she only had to stick me once. I just have never seen that much of my blood outside of my body. :)

Sunday evening Ryan and I were lying on the couch watching TV. My jeans were unbuttoned and unzipped, which is pretty typical these days. It's just so much more comfortable to have them that way! Anyway, he looked at my belly and said, "I think this is the first time I can tell that you are pregnant." Sure enough, my belly is starting to spread out little by little. :) It's really pretty funny! If I lay down on my side, my belly will hang over sideways, too. I mean, I have just never experienced anything like it!

Since we hit the 2 month mark on Sunday, we've been spreading the news like wildfire. You all have the green light to share our good news with everyone! I think I have made all of the big phone calls for a bit. My boss is going to tell all of the other school psychs next week before our big meeting. Then, I will probably start telling the personnel at each of my elementary schools. Soon, the word will be out for good! I really thought I could make it 3 months and keep a tight lip, but I'm telling you, we were just busting at the seams this past week.

Well, we hope you are enjoying this blog so far! If you ever have any comments or questions about anything, feel free to write us.

2 comments:

dntill said...

This is so fun to read and keep updated on what you are feeling, the changes in your body, etc.! Thanks for sharing through the blog! Have a great rest of the week!

Lindsay said...

ahhhh I'm just so excited for you guys!! I wasn't sure if I was allowed to tell people, but I just haaad to tell someone so I told my mom and my coworkers :) I still can't believe it!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS