9.28.2007

Meeting our midwife

Tuesday we had our very first meeting with our midwife, Betsy. I had been in touch with her a couple times over the past few months, but it was time to sit down together and decide if we felt like it would be a good fit. Ryan picked me up from work on Tuesday (by the way, it's so hard not to tell everyone with whom you work) and we drove to the northside of town. Betsy was really nice and explained her philosophy about pregnancy and childbirth. She has delivered 575 babies! Can you even imagine?? Anyway, she works out of Methodist Hospital, which Ryan and I have toured. They have a lot of great options when you're in labor, and I like options! So, we decided to go ahead and make our first prenatal appointment with her for Oct. 16, when I'm 8 weeks pregnant (I'm about 5 weeks, 3 days now). We'll have our first physical, blood work, and possibly have the chance to hear Baby Abell's heartbeat. How exciting!!! I can't wait to blog about that visit.

Well, that's all for now. I think I'm going to read for a bit and then head to bed early. We're surprising my Nana and Papa in the morning with our good news before we help them at the Lungs for Life event downtown. They will be great grandparents for the first time. Very exciting!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS